So, I'm an *****. Between being an electrical engineering student and a man, I assume I know everything, especially about electronics. So when I got my new 8830, I went to put my sD card in, and managed to put it in the slot for the global sim card. Now I can't get it out . Brilliant, I know. They look kinda the same. I tried using a knife to pry it out, but eventually I pushed it in too far and it slid down behind where I can't really get to it.

Are the four screws under the battery cover the only ones I will need to remove to get my card back? They look like some sort of small Torx bits. Where can I find this driver? Not worth screwing with for a 1 GB card? Just leave it in there?

What do you think?

Thanks
    02-03-09 08:35 PM
    I got the driver at a local hardware store.

The process is a bit more complex and I did not remove the BACK. I replaced the bluelight-keypad from Verizon, with a black keyboard with white lights.

You remove the screws. The screws anchor the siderails which are also held by "snaps" and double-sided tape. Lever the rails up from the bottom, tough at first. There are videos on the process on you-tube and there may be references, here.
    02-04-09 09:52 AM
    You can find vids of disassembly and reassembly here.

You will also find that you can buy your tools there as well.

Unfortunatly removing the back will not get you what you are looking for.
    You see the sim slot is 100% metal, top, bottom, and sides. The back cover is, well, just that a cover.

I would suggest a single strand of copper from a piece of cat5 stripped bare and bent into an "L" shape. then try to fish it out with that.

If that dont work and you don't have to have a sim card then go get a real SD card and dont worry about it.
    02-04-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD