I bought an 8830 on eBay that was only used for 2 months before the owner decided it was more phone than she needed. I had it unlocked and switched to work on an Italian carrier. But the phone still has her gmail icon on the desktop and the first email I tried to send was not sent out because it was trying to send it thru the former owner's email address. How do I removed her email icon and info from the BB?

Also, in the call log, it still shows the phone's original number. How do I change that to my new Italian number? Thanks in advance.
    09-03-09 06:24 PM
    As for the gmail icon, that sounds like the gmail app. Go to options > advanced options > applications, locate the gmail app and uninstall it.

To change the number associated with the phone, assuming it is a verizon branded device, dial ##000000 send, and then edit the phone number there. option > save and reboot the phone.

Furthermore, if you haven't already, I would do a device wipe to start fresh with this phone. (options>security options>general settings, bb option button, wipe handheld.)
    09-03-09 06:37 PM
    He is probably referring to the icon for the BIS gmail account rather than the gmail app.

OP, you may be able to move the phone to your BIS account. Attempt to put the phone's PIN in your BIS account. If that does not work, call your carrier and talk to their blackberry support.
    09-03-09 08:32 PM
    I got the former phone number changed, thanks for that!

But when I looked in the application list, there is no Gmail app listed there. And I have no idea what you mean by "moving the BIS email account". Could you please walk me through that so I can see if it works before I contact the carrier?

Also, I decided to remove some 3rd party apps that I had transferred over from my Curve due to the memory usage on the World Edition. But why do I still see the icons for them on the desktop even after I've deleted and rebooted? How do I remove the icons as well? Slacker Radio, for instance, I removed it but the icon is still on the desktop.
    09-04-09 04:14 AM
    I got the former phone number changed, thanks for that!

But when I looked in the application list, there is no Gmail app listed there. And I have no idea what you mean by "moving the BIS email account". Could you please walk me through that so I can see if it works before I contact the carrier?
    Go to your carrier's BIS site. I don't know what it is for verizon. Google "verizon BIS site", hopefully that will bring something useful up. There is a section in there somewhere that should allow you to change the PIN the site is associated with. If you don't already have a BIS account, it will ask you to create one. If that fails, call your carrier.

Also, I decided to remove some 3rd party apps that I had transferred over from my Curve due to the memory usage on the World Edition. But why do I still see the icons for them on the desktop even after I've deleted and rebooted? How do I remove the icons as well? Slacker Radio, for instance, I removed it but the icon is still on the desktop.
    The slacker radio icon may be there because verizon pushes slacker to it's BB devices. If you try to launch it, it should prompt you to install slacker rather than actually launch it. If the apps are not listed in your applications list (in options->advanced) then they are not installed. I don't think you can remove the service books from the device.
    09-09-09 10:12 AM
    I think if you go to options, advanced, then look in the service books you will find 2 lines with the former owners email address.

i had the same problem and iirc thats how i fixed it.

You should also download BB desktop manager and remove the programs you dont want.
    09-09-09 01:27 PM
    find his their old email address in service books and delete both lines
    09-12-09 07:52 PM
    Call verizon and have them reset the account for that pin. then the emails wont come thru anymore.
    09-12-09 08:02 PM
    Yup, have to get the PIN reset. Just call your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD