I am getting a replacement 8830 tomorrow from Alltel for a warranty issue. I was having the problem on the microfone being so sensitive. I took it to the store and needless to say, they are sending me one through warranty.
    I am pretty sure its going to be a refurbished one. Is there anything I should be looking for when i get it? I talked to a rep and he said that all refurbs go through a 25 point inspection.
    Just wanted to know if anyone else had any input on refurbs.

Thanks
    12-03-07 02:03 PM
    I went through 2 refurbs with my 7250. You wont notice the difference between a new phone and a refurb.
    12-03-07 02:10 PM
    I hope you are right, the only difference I want to have is the fact that people will be able to hear me better and not all the background noise. If the replacement phone I get doesn't work any better then my current phone, I am just going to keep the current one and return the replacement!
    Thanks for your help.
    12-03-07 03:05 PM
    I hope you are right, the only difference I want to have is the fact that people will be able to hear me better and not all the background noise. If the replacement phone I get doesn't work any better then my current phone, I am just going to keep the current one and return the replacement!
    Thanks for your help.
    When Alltel sent me a refurb, it took a couple of days to get here... but was otherwise no different than a new one. The microphone is may or may not be fixed, though. Mine is very sensitive (and I've gone through one)... especially with loud environments (busy restaurant, etc)
    12-03-07 03:43 PM
    I really honestly don't expect the microphone to be fixed, but it would be nice if it was. If not, I'll just wait for a new software update becomes available to fix the problems.

Thanks for your input.
    12-04-07 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD