Was on with VZW today replacing 8830 (ringer volume) and he asked if I had the red one. Further questions revealed that there is a red or possibbly red striped 8830 just out or out shortly, according to the CS rep. Not for me but thought I'd let the group know about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-07 01:20 PM
    Did your replacement 8830 have a louder ring.... Do they seem liek it's software or hardware, or are they aware of the problem...

let us know
    11-26-07 02:25 PM
    I should have replacement bb in 2-3 days and will let ya know.

11-26-07 09:17 PM
    Was on with VZW today replacing 8830 (ringer volume) and he asked if I had the red one. Further questions revealed that there is a red or possibbly red striped 8830 just out or out shortly, according to the CS rep. Not for me but thought I'd let the group know about this.

What a JOKE! I was on the phone for the umpteenth time with a Verizon Customer NON support drone about the low ringer volume on my 8830 and they did not offer to replace it. The VCNSD blamed it all on RIM and said there was nothing they could do about it.

In my opinion the 8830 is flawed in some of the most basic of functions like ring volume, vibration and the fact that any little bit of background noise on my end during a call make it difficult for the person I am talking to to hear what I am saying.

I had my 8830 replaced under warranty in October because the keyboard failed. The replacement has all the bad flaws the first one had.

At one time I was irked about the GPS, but after trying BB Maps with a BT GPS puck I concluded the 8830 is not even a decent GPS device. I plan to buy a Magellan stand alone unit.
    11-27-07 07:41 AM
    but after trying BB Maps with a BT GPS puck I concluded the 8830 is not even a decent GPS device.
    Stop using BB Maps. Use another program for that. BB Maps blows. Might also want to update that .66 OS when you get a chance if you haven't done so yet.
    11-27-07 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD