Hi CrackBerries.

First time reader and poster. I currently have a XV6900 two weeks prior to that a XV6800. Both phones drop calls and those that do connect are all "Hello?" "Hello?". I live in the middle of BFE, normal Moto and LG phones my family have work fine, little to no bars, but work. Verizon techs said try another phone. So now I am looking at BlackBerry's. I am thinking the 8830WE. Can I have some feedback from the people that live in rural areas and how their reception is? I am kinda in a bind and need to change this out tomorrow because we are going on a 2 week cruise and my 30 day return time will be out.

I really appreciate any feed back.
    Thanks!!
    Graci
    Last edited by gracienne; 06-17-08 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I am a flipping moron and can't spell.
    06-17-08 09:09 PM
    Before you return the current phone, dial *22899 and hit Send. Wait for it to do it's thing and reboot on its own. See if reception is any better. If not, then you might be at a loss with any smartphone. Some of these phones are packed so tight with stuff in the casing that it's sometimes difficult to equip them with good antenas. However, your location is probably mostly to blame. Have you tought of another "better" carrier for where you live?
    06-17-08 10:55 PM
    Hi JRSCCivic98.

I did it and it seems a little better. I called my VM and it took a couple seconds, but it became more audible. What exaclty did that do? I will make some calls and see how this goes.

I'm stuck with VZW because it is my dads plan and he gets a discount through his company.

Thanks!
    Graci
    06-18-08 07:55 AM
    *22899 reprograms the phone and PRL (tower roaming lists) on the phone. It should be done every month or 2 at the most to keep up to date with Verizon's changes on their towers... especially if you live in BFE where they tend to make changes more frequently to try and expand coverage. BTW, it can be done on any Verizon Phone.
    06-18-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD