Is there a setting on the BB and/or Outlook that allows you to read an email but not have it open on the other end.

Example: If I read an email on the BB 8830 but do not want it to appear "read" within Outlook at the office, how would I configure it?

Thanks!
    03-16-09 05:50 PM
    It should do this already. All it is doing is pushing the e-mail to your BB. When Outlook gets the e-mail, it will be new to Outlook and should show as unread.

Both are viewing their on own and don't know what you have read on either device.
    03-16-09 07:19 PM
    If you are using BES, there is no way around this. That is the purpose of reconcile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 07:24 PM
    Thanks! I just wanted to confirm that this was the case since I was using a BES server. Although, at times, you may get a situation where it's not reconciling properly and you have unopened emails on one side (BB) and not opened on the other (Outlook). But that's just a reconciling issue not a setting.
    03-17-09 10:40 AM
    I'm not using BES, but I have the same problem.

I had the Storm and I could read e-mails on it without it affecting the "unread" status of my e-mails in Gmail. Now that I've got the 8830 though, reading an e-mail on the phone means that it's also read on Gmail.

What do I need to change in order to leave e-mails unread in Gmail even after reading them on the phone?
    03-24-09 11:52 PM
    bump.

i would like to accomplish 2 things at the same time, withOUT using the gmail app (AT&T Curve83XX):

1. have the gmail copy remain unread regardless of what i do on my handheld
    2. have the option to delete on handheld, in mailbox, or both each time i choose to delete a message.

any suggestions on how i can do both of these things at the same time would be great. thanks.
    03-26-09 11:04 AM
    #2 - go to email then menu to options. Check reconciliation settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD