I have a bb 8830 WE. My wife has the LG Scoop. I have bluetooth pics, ring tones and a video to my BB from her phone. But I can't view the video. I can pull my media card out and put it into her phone and watch it. What can I do to be able to watch the video or any videos on my BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 10:46 PM
    07-26-08 11:49 AM
    That site is not loading up for me. Is there a way you can explain it to me?I'm still new to the whole BB phone. I just got it on the 18th of July.

07-26-08 12:56 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Scoop or what types of files it plays, but I know my Curve will play the formats below, so you may need to convert yours...(the lecture will load...just give it a few seconds....you'll need to read it to find out about converting software) I've tried a few formats, but found I've had the best luck with 3gp over the others. Good luck with it. And by the way, if you search video conversion on this forum, you'll find innumerable posts on it...more than enough to help you out.

MPEG-4 Part 2 (Simple Profile and bvop, including DivX 4)
    File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
    Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second

H.263 (Profile 0 & Profile 3)
    File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
    Video - up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second

Windows Media� Video (Simple Profile)
    File formats - .wmv
    Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 24 frames per second
    07-26-08 01:06 PM
    Do I have to plug the BB into a computer to do that? I don't have internet access at home. I'm looking at this site using my BB.

07-26-08 01:14 PM
    Hello to all,
    I'm new to CB.com and I hope I learn all that's needed to get the most out of my BBWE...I've had it for a year now, and lately I've been trying to log on to youtube to hear video's i get a message {unsupported media type application/octet-stream}??? what does it mean?? sorry but some of jargon I just don't get it. Please Help!!
    07-26-08 09:37 PM
    Do I have to plug the BB into a computer to do that? I don't have internet access at home. I'm looking at this site using my BB.

You'll have to use your computer to convert a video, so yes, you'll have to connect your BB at some point to transfer it or else transfer the video directly to your media card via a card reader. But regardless, unless you already have the conversion software on your computer, you may as well forget it without an internet connection. How are you going to do the research on it and then download the software needed? You might be able to read up on it with your BB, but you cant get the software that way.

Hello to all,
    I'm new to CB.com and I hope I learn all that's needed to get the most out of my BBWE...I've had it for a year now, and lately I've been trying to log on to youtube to hear video's i get a message {unsupported media type application/octet-stream}??? what does it mean?? sorry but some of jargon I just don't get it. Please Help!!
    Have you tried using either of these from your BB?-- http://m.youtube.com or blueapple.mobi web video search
    07-27-08 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD