In Phone Options, there is a Restrict My Identity option.
    The choices are Never, Always, and Off.
    If Never is never
    and if Always is always
    then in OFF mode, how do you toggle back and forth???
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Pete
    12-19-07 08:30 PM
    The best bet would be to contact VZW most carriers have a short code that you can use to just enable it for one call then it will revert back to standard *67 is the most common one but best to check so ya don't spend all day trying things out and potentially turning off things you didn't mean too..
    12-20-07 01:29 AM
    What exactly does Restrict my Identity mean/do?
    Thanks, Ramona
    12-20-07 05:25 AM
    I think it means showing your fone number or not to someone your are calling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-07 07:19 AM
    Enabling this restricts caller id on the other end. Same as *67 before any phone number. My guess is if you set it to Off even *67 before a number won't work. Never is the default where it doesn't affect your calls and Always means it'll block caller id automatically without you having to dial *67 before the number. I use this function all the time.
    12-20-07 10:04 AM
    Carriers do have some special codes that you can type.
    I am on TMO and lets say to to block your id and phone you type #31# and to unblock it *31#
    Verizon should have something similar.
    12-20-07 10:27 AM
    Carriers do have some special codes that you can type.
    I am on TMO and lets say to to block your id and phone you type #31# and to unblock it *31#
    Verizon should have something similar.
    That's to set and unset blocking in general and for each call. However, *67 is the universal phone "block caller id" code for both cell and land line phones. It always has been. Just like *70 disables call waiting. However, these codes when dialed prior to the actual phone number dialed only take affect for that one call. They must be dialed for each call. Just FYI.
    12-20-07 07:39 PM
    I have a BB Curve and *67 will no longer work on 2 specific numbers I try to call. I try it on other numbers and it works fine, I am very confused. I have even chosen "Always" in the Restrict Identity option. I called my service provider (Sprint) and after being on hold for an eternity I hung up. Any feedback would be much appreciated
    02-22-13 09:50 AM
    Where the option in blackberry z10
    02-16-16 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD