Hi Everyone,
    I just switched from the Motorola Q to the 8830 WE and I can't believe I didn't make the move years ago. What an amazing device!

Since I know the 8830 can do everything the Q did (and more) I need some help figuring out how to do something that I used to do with the Q. When a call comes in that I don't want to answer, I hate having to press ignore and throw them directly into voicemail. When I do this, people know I'm ignoring them. With the Q, I used to be able to roll the scroll wheel and it would stop ringing aloud (or vibrating) and the person would eventually go to voicemail after "X" amount of rings as if I didn't have my phone on me.

does anyone know how to do this same things on the 8830?

Many Thanks!
    10-18-07 06:10 PM
    i dont know if the 8830 is the same, but there is a button on the top of my Pearl that is a speaker with a line through it...that stops the phone from ringing...can someone with an 8830 confirm that they have this feature also?

secondly..welcome to the crack
    10-18-07 06:19 PM
    Yup, that did the trick! I can't believe I didn't spot that. Thanks for the quick response! You rock!
    10-18-07 06:23 PM
    dont worry, my girlfriend (a non BB owner) showed me it...cause i was having the same problem...lol no problem friend.
    10-18-07 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD