Hi guys!

I got a Blackberry 8830 WE from my aunt (she was switching back to her Pearl) and she doesn't seem to have the software that came in the box when she bought it from Verizon.

I have called them about it, and they give me the run around, "No, I don't think we have it, maybe, how about if you call Blackberry". I called Blackberry and I got about the same response.

I went to the BB site and downloaded the desktop software for Mac, but that's not allowing me to see the BB at all, which I thought was the point... Am I completely off base in thinking that I should be able to browse my BB from my computer and put software and ring tones on it from my computer? I'm a total BB newb and I'd appreciate some expertise.

Is there a better way to track down the stuff that came in the box with the phone? Does anyone know where I can get it?
    06-20-08 01:08 PM
    Here is the link for the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

You'll want:

Desktop Software v4.3 b25 with Media Manager (English)

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    06-20-08 01:40 PM
    ...I went to the BB site and downloaded the desktop software for Mac, but that's not allowing me to see the BB at all, ...
    If you're looking to connect to a Mac, this thread may help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/desk...are-mac-44823/

Desktop Manager is a PC product only, for now.
    06-20-08 08:20 PM
    That's the problem I'm having, I can't do anything with the mac software, but my PC doesn't connect to the internet, so grrr!! :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 10:45 PM
    Welcome to CB
    06-21-08 10:47 PM
    Thanks Jorgeed I am loving my CB except for this software thing and the fact that I can't get picture messages! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 10:52 PM
    ...I can't get picture messages...
    You have what may be the only Verizon blackberry that can't send or receive MMS. Verizon doesn't enable that capability in their blackberry's that don't have cameras.
    06-22-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD