I did a backup the other day in anticipation of getting a replacement 8830. Today when I did the restore I see a database to be installed called purged messages and it has like 280 objects in it. Is this like a trash bin and if so how do I find it. I don't see a folder called purged in my messages folders. I deleted some text messages that I had saved and was wondering if that might be them.
    10-31-08 11:42 AM
    Hmm, I don't have an answer for you, but I have a guess perhaps it's messages that were on your phone during the backup that you have since erased, and thus now on the restore you have the option to restore your purged messages? Just a guess lol
    10-31-08 11:58 AM
    How To: Purge Deleted Messages From Your BlackBerry
    Many people don't realize that once you delete an email on your BlackBerry, it is actually still on your device.

In order to Purge deleted items from your device, do the following:

Go into your messages folder.
    Click in the trackwheel or trackball to get into the messages menu.
    Scroll down to options
    In Options, go to Email Reconciliation.
    Click in the trackwheel or hit the menu button, and you will see "Purge Deleted Items".
    Click that, and it will ask which email address you want to purge from.
    Choose that mailbox and it will purge the deleted messages off of your device.
    3G.BoldBerry likes this.
    05-01-09 08:23 AM
    When I did this, I had 320 purged messages. I did a battery pull after following these instructions and I had 4MB of additional memory.
    05-01-09 08:31 AM
    Many people don't realize that once you delete an email on your BlackBerry, it is actually still on your device.

Scroll down to options
    Click in the trackwheel or hit the menu button, and you will see "Purge Deleted Items".
    Interesting...I have a Verizon phone and when I followed these steps it emptied the "deleted" folder on my Outlook Desktop but it did not clear the records from the "Purged Messages" database on my device???? The only way I have found to clear the "purged messages" database on my device is by using desktop manager to clear the database. I was hoping this would do if from the device.
    05-01-09 10:21 AM
    You should run a purge at least once a week, then battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:22 AM
    I always thought the purge would clear the trash from the email acct. Not the phone. Very good info to know now.
    05-01-09 06:59 PM

Scroll down to options
    i never know that either, great info thanks for this.
    12-26-10 07:53 AM
    Any way to retrieve the purged messages back into active status? I was looking for a deleted email. will amberABC find it?

thanks
    01-09-11 12:34 AM
    When I get to Reconciliation, and hit the button, i get a screen that that has,
    Delete on "Prompt" or "Handheld" or "Mailbox and Handheld"
    Below that is a checkbox with "Wireless reconcile"
    Below that is "On conflicts" = handheld wins or Mailbox wins

WHat the heck? Just trying to dump erased messages. Any help?
    10-25-11 11:58 AM
    Pmsl! just deleted 853 purged messages from mine! lol yes I email alot
    05-05-12 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD