To sell you the PDA/BB8830, Have to admit thats a new one that I have heard is download software, How about Opening BBMaps and seeing if the GPS is functioning and if you can turn GPS on or Off? From past experience you have been duped, on the GPS function. Why dont you post the name of the salesman or woman and the store number so we can all call and see if he knows what he's talking about ? Did you goto a corporate store or an agent?
    07-29-07 07:35 PM
    Uhhh ya class action lawsuit, thats all the world really needs, another frivless lawsuit clogging up the courts systems..typical...sorry if feelings are hurt over this but think abt it.
    07-29-07 08:05 PM
    Uhhh ya class action lawsuit, thats all the world really needs, another frivless lawsuit clogging up the courts systems..typical...sorry if feelings are hurt over this but think abt it.
    Seeing how your in the Canadian area and have GPS functionality and NOT in the US with false advertising prvelant on VZW's part, allot of people have thought about it , courts clogged, like you would really care ! R U a frivaless lawyer or judge ?
    07-29-07 08:10 PM
    Indeed I am Canadian and no not a lawyer but I'm sure somewhere on that documentation although not indicated by the pictures VZW has something along the lines of "Verizon Wireless reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information" .........just like they do their website....and oh ya the GPS on canadian 8830's is NOT enabled..yet..but at least our providers WILL enable it ie..
    Telus 8830
    BELL/Aliant
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-29-07 at 08:22 PM.
    07-29-07 08:16 PM
    I spoke with someone at Verizon Executive Services this afternoon. He says that Verizon was not misleading in the ad and that the documentation that comes with the phone is adequate disclosure of the disabled features. He admitted that Verizon did it for "marketing" purposes. I asked him how the disclosures are adequate when they advertised something that IS not available and he didn't have an answer. He spoke as if he were reading a script prepared by the legal department and he said he was not.
    07-30-07 03:56 PM
    1. Who did you speak with?

2. What is there name and phone number ?

Reason why I am posting / asking this is to find out who is BS'ng the general crowd and who is NOT.

I rec'd a call from CS asking if I was happy about the service and I explained in full detail what the issues at hand were. The woman said the most I can do is pass this on to a supervisor and thats it. I have not rec'd a call back and even if I do I expect nothing more than a prescript ed Oh I'm sorry and Blah blah blah and so on and so forth. Oh and the person I spoke with was Shantey in Rochester NY..........
    07-30-07 06:49 PM
    I don't want to give out his name but you can call 1-800-760-4658 to reach the VZW Executive Office.

1. Who did you speak with?

2. What is there name and phone number ?

Reason why I am posting / asking this is to find out who is BS'ng the general crowd and who is NOT.

I rec'd a call from CS asking if I was happy about the service and I explained in full detail what the issues at hand were. The woman said the most I can do is pass this on to a supervisor and thats it. I have not rec'd a call back and even if I do I expect nothing more than a prescript ed Oh I'm sorry and Blah blah blah and so on and so forth. Oh and the person I spoke with was Shantey in Rochester NY..........
    07-30-07 07:43 PM
    I spoke to a woman yesterday who told me that the gps issue would be resolved in early 2008. When I asked her to send me that information in an email so that I could post it for others, I got a reply that she couldn't send me anything that I could post. I don't remember the exact words from the conversation, but she didn't mention the vznavigator, but I would assume that that was what she was referring to. That is why I wanted the email to verify what she said.
    07-31-07 07:39 AM
    After the conversation yesterday I decided that I am leaving Verizon for Sprint on principle. I know the service may not be as good but it is cheaper and Sprint doesn't block access to the features I want to use.
    Last edited by ibmman69; 07-31-07 at 08:07 AM.
    07-31-07 08:04 AM
    Besides GPS, what other services are being blocked out that you need?
    07-31-07 08:41 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD