Is there a way to see what is actually running (programs). Used to be able to on my 6600 and then shut them down. Can this be done on the 8830WE? Sometimes i notice when I leave the media player (music) is still running in the back ground. Thanks BB
    04-11-08 09:06 PM
    yeah hit alt and the back button this shows what tasks are running
    04-11-08 09:10 PM
    Press Alt, and the escape key. Word of warning though, after using this a about 25 times it will eat up your memory. Also there are 5 core apps you cannot close. Phone, Browser, Messages, and a couple others I can't remember.
    04-11-08 09:11 PM
    Is there a way to see what is actually running (programs). Used to be able to on my 6600 and then shut them down. Can this be done on the 8830WE? Sometimes i notice when I leave the media player (music) is still running in the back ground. Thanks BB
    Hold down the ALT key while pressing the ESC button. When the list of running programs pops up, you can release the ESC button. Messages, Browser, Home, and Call Log (and BBMessenger, if on the bb) will be running even if you just did a battery pull, and cannot be stopped. Anything else can be selected and exited.
    04-11-08 09:13 PM
    Press Alt, and the escape key. Word of warning though, after using this a about 25 times it will eat up your memory. Also there are 5 core apps you cannot close. Phone, Browser, Messages, and a couple others I can't remember.
    Seriously? Checking what's running, eats up memory? Does the SwitchApplication menu option use memory, too? I generally do the Switch option to see what's running, then go to whatever and close it.
    04-11-08 10:50 PM
    It's the same thing. And yes seriously. RIM issued a statement about it at one point.
    04-11-08 11:06 PM
    ^^^ Prove it. At one time it was believed that if ApplicationSwitcher was initiated 15 times in a row it would cause a memory reclaim, as in apps would release memory that's taken up, similar to the way a battery pull clears up some "locked" memory due to usage by apps. That doesn't happen and from my testing, neither does memory usage. Those are my findings.
    04-11-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD