How can you do that with the BB 8830? My Palm it had a extra key for passwords, codes for accessing voice mail @ work, etc... This is to add to speed dial numbers...
    06-29-07 05:21 PM
    If you want to, let's say, dial voicemail and then pause and then enter your VM password, this will work. Enter the phone number, press the BB/menu key, select 'Add Pause' (you can add as many as you need to make it pause longer) then enter you code/password. I hope this answered your question.
    06-29-07 05:29 PM
    I added the pauses plus #'s... but it didn't work...
    06-29-07 07:38 PM
    Mine doesn't work either. I think it's a bug. It worked great with my Curve before! KL
    06-30-07 12:45 AM
    This absolutely works on the 8830 if you have entered the number/dialing string correctly. The 8830 is no different in this function than any other phone I have owned in the last 10 years. As a matter of fact when I got my 8830 I just copied the entries verbatum from my Motorola Q for voicemail and it has worked fine.
    06-30-07 09:23 AM
    You guys who can't get this to work. You might want to add at least 3-4 pauses. Remember that each pause is one second and it takes a few secs to dial the number and have the other system pick up. If you don't pause long enough the other numbers programmed will autodial sooner then needed. That's why yours doesn't work.
    06-30-07 11:41 AM
    Consider adding a "wait" instead of a "pause.". Then you'll be prompted when the password should be entered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-07 08:04 PM
    JRSCCivic98, is spot on!
    07-07-07 08:32 PM
    Trial and error, add a few here, take a few out here and it works. Patience.
    07-31-07 10:36 AM
    How can you do that with the BB 8830? My Palm it had a extra key for passwords, codes for accessing voice mail @ work, etc... This is to add to speed dial numbers...
    Here's how I figured out the way to store a password without it showing up on the screen (or someone easily looking at it by perusing your phone book):

• Click the Green Phone button;
    • Click the dotted Menu Button (Also called Applications...) next to the Green Phone button;
    • Select Options
    • Select Voice Mail
    • Store Access Number (Your telephone number) and Password (Helpful to follow the PW with #, although not necessary.)

And you're good to go!

09-10-07 09:28 PM
    Here's how I figured out the way to store a password without it showing up on the screen (or someone easily looking at it by perusing your phone book):

• Click the Green Phone button;
    • Click the dotted Menu Button (Also called Applications...) next to the Green Phone button;
    • Select Options
    • Select Voice Mail
    • Store Access Number (Your telephone number) and Password (Helpful to follow the PW with #, although not necessary.)

And you're good to go!

I just tested this and it was a great find. After you call your voicemail, it will automatically dial your password, just like it should. AWESOME! But what I found next was not nearly as cool or great. I then looked at my Call Log only to find my password CLEARLY VISIBLE! Just when it looks like they thought of everything...

Does anyone else have the same thing happening? Hopefully I'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by TreyStyles; 09-10-07 at 11:42 PM.
    09-10-07 11:34 PM
    Just tested it with my Curve, and it does NOT show my password...
    09-11-07 02:32 AM
    Here's another way (I discovered by accident!).

After the phone # in your address book, put an "x" (for extension) and then the password or code. When you dial the number, the BB will display the code on the screen with an "OK" button. When your voicemail greeting gets to the right point, just click OK and it will auto dial the code.

This has the added advantage that you don't have to try to key in the password (when driving, say).

Of course, the code ("extension") is listed in your address book. Can't have everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-07 06:28 AM
    I just tested this and it was a great find. After you call your voicemail, it will automatically dial your password, just like it should. AWESOME! But what I found next was not nearly as cool or great. I then looked at my Call Log only to find my password CLEARLY VISIBLE! Just when it looks like they thought of everything...

Does anyone else have the same thing happening? Hopefully I'm doing something wrong.
    That is not happening on mine, so I wonder if this is a remnant of storing it in the actual Voicemail telephone number with the pauses?
    09-13-07 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD