I have had a Sprint 8830 since october. It has been working fine since then. Last week i noticed that it hadnt received any mail for a couple of days. I did what my hosted BES company said and removed battery and put back in. It started receiving email again. Now a week later, i realize it has stopped receiving email for the past 2-3 days. What can i do? What could be causing this?

Thanks

Philip
    02-04-08 03:24 PM
    I had the same problem for a while and I called my provider. They couldn't help me but it did seem to go away. I don't know if it was the network or what. Sorry not much help but maybe it will go away.
    02-04-08 03:49 PM
    if u r on a BES then it jst might be a BES issue tht the it does not know of. whn u r on a BES sprint has lil to no control of ur emails. so tell ur it guy to look into it a lil more
    02-04-08 03:53 PM
    It's probably an issue with your hosted BES company. Could be they are oversubscribed or other network issues with them. Since you are on Sprint I would check (when you notice that emails have stopped) to see if you're still connnected to the BES data network. Go to Manage Connections and see what it says. Sprint people have complained before that they drop Data network connections from time to time. This could be the case for you, in which case it's a Sprint issue and not your BES host company.
    02-04-08 03:54 PM
    I looked at the 8830 screen today and on the top right of the screen it said the phone/radio was off. Thats why the emails stop coming in. How can it be turning off by itself?

Thanks

Philip
    02-05-08 03:44 PM
    Is your Automatic On/Off turned on? It's under Options. That shouldn't be it, but check it anyway. Also, it could simply be your BB... as in defective. If your Radio is off, that's also going to keep you from getting calls as well. Not good.
    02-05-08 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD