After I downloaded 4.5 for my 8830 everything is great except I have some issues with the media player. It will pause and play the music on its own while I am using it. It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes, which makes it more frustrating. Anyone else having this problem?
    02-15-09 06:37 PM
    After I downloaded 4.5 for my 8830 everything is great except I have some issues with the media player. It will pause and play the music on its own while I am using it. It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes, which makes it more frustrating. Anyone else having this problem?
    I've not seen this issue. I sync my media via iTunes and Blackberry Media Sync.
    02-16-09 07:52 AM
    Hmmm....now when I was using PodTrapper it turned it off, started playing a song in media player, paused that and turned on voice dialing...

How do you delete in voice dialing with 4.5? It wont let me do it in the options page and isnt in the app list.
    02-16-09 12:02 PM
    Hmmm....now when I was using PodTrapper it turned it off, started playing a song in media player, paused that and turned on voice dialing...

How do you delete in voice dialing with 4.5? It wont let me do it in the options page and isnt in the app list.
    if you dont use it, delete it and free up a bit more memory in the process....
    on your DESKTOP naviate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101_P3.4.0.7\Java
    (mind you I am runing 4.5.0.101 on an 8830, your os file might have a different name...) in the Java folder creat a new folder named removed modules.
    look for a series of files called "net rim vad". Some will be engines, some will be resources. cut them all out of the java folder and put them in the folder you created.
    now the next time you run the desktop connection and open the app loader part,
    it will remove voice dialing completely from your device.
    02-17-09 10:30 AM
    Thanks. I was able to get it deleted...now just keep my fingers crossed that it fixes it lol
    02-17-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks. I was able to get it deleted...now just keep my fingers crossed that it fixes it lol
    IM me if you still have issues.
    02-19-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD