I started getting this error message while trying to use the browser. I've done numerous battery pulls, I've set my start page to Bookmarks page, I've cleared the content cache, I've done what was suggested in the quote below:

Open up your browser and hit the menu button. You will see Browser Config option. Select that and when in there, hit menu again and you will see the reset to default option. Do that and restart your phone. See if that fixes your problem.
    I've resent my service books. My emulation mode is set to Blackberry. The problem continues!

My OS is 4.2.2.196. I'm looking for help & suggestions that will get this problem corrected. Thanks for your kind help & prompt response.

This problem has a thread in another Blackberry model's section. I was not sure it was appropriate to post about an 8830 in that section. If I've made an error, please move my post.
    08-17-08 03:16 AM
    Hey, aren't you the guy from the Toledo area?

Go back to Browser Configuration and "Check" everything. It should look like this:
    08-17-08 03:35 AM
    After you check the specified boxes clear your cache and history and see if that works.
    08-17-08 05:50 AM
    Cutdacheck2003 - I've already, as I mentioned, cleared the cache many times & have done it again & history is clear.

Srplummer - I already had those settings entered before the problem started. So why would another person with expertise advise that the settings be returned to "Default"? The settings are returned to your suggested settings & what I had entered before. (Yes I live in Toledo, off Sylvania Ave near Mancys Steak)

Neither of your suggestions has resulted in the error message going away. It is still there when trying to access the WEB thru the browser.

THX, but still looking for a solution.
    08-17-08 09:31 AM
    Ended up calling Verizon, who transferred me to a Blackberry rep. The only way we could fix it was to download the software again. But it works now!!
    This is what apparently solved the problem for another person. I hesitate to call Sprint Customer Support. If I have to I'll demand a Supervisor transfer me to a BlackBerry rep. I think I'd rather try emailing Blackberry 1st rather than using phone contact.

I'll still entertain all suggestions from members here though, hoping someone has the needed answer. THX!
    08-17-08 10:17 AM
    The settings are returned to your suggested settings
    I, in retrospect didn't implement all of your settings srplummer, I neglected to set the Home page to Google. When I entered Google in the Go To window, the device connects to Google mobile without the error message appearing & I can access other WEB pages without the error message in the limited number of times I've tried going thru Google mobile. This appears to be a work around. But not a solution & fix of what caused & is causing the error message to appear when NOT going thru Google mobile.

I'd still like a solution to the root problem causing this error meassage.
    08-17-08 12:06 PM
    Briefly for what it's worth - SRPlummer - your advice up above helped me fix my problem. Thanks.
    12-27-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD