I have synched my 8830 with my car's Pioneer Avic Z2 bluetooth, I have the call volume on the Z2 cracked up to max, but the volume bar on the 8830 is at 1/3 and the sound of the call is too low. I tried to press the volume up button during a bluetooth call but it doesn't do anything.
    Am I doing something wrong here? Or is my BB on the fritz?
    01-10-08 02:12 PM
    I have the same issue with my 8830 and a TomTom 720 except my volume is stuck at 50%. I used to have a 7250, no problem. The 8830 worked initially, not sure what changed. Been through every menu on both devices. Have you resolved your issue yet?
    03-12-08 10:13 PM
    Call Log Application
    Menu Key
    Options
    General Options
    Default Call Volume

Was set on Previous, changed to 100%
    03-13-08 05:13 PM
    Blue Ant (makedr of my headset) told me to raise "default call volume" in my BB 8320 Curve's phone options. I found that value was set to "previous", whatever that means. So I changed it to 100%. I reset the phone, deleted the BLuetooth and repaired the earpiece to the phone.

But the result is the same. When BLuetooth is active, the phone's volume appears at about 40% and cannot be changed by the volume control buttons on the side of the phone.

When I'm on a call using the phone's mic -- a regular cell call without the earpiece -- the volume appears at 100% and can be changed using the volume buttons on the side.
    09-25-08 01:01 PM
    I am having the same problem with my blackberry 8120 (pearl) with the TOMTOM 720. I called Rogers and they told me I needed to update to the latest software which didn't work. Not quite sure what to do. Very frustrating as calls started off at normal volume and now just don't work anymore. Not sure what changed.

Already changed default call volume. Makes no difference when paired with the GPS. I can adjust it normally in every other mode than when paired with the TOMTOM.

Any advice anyone?
    10-26-08 07:13 AM
    anyone figure this out yet?
    11-14-08 08:47 PM
    I have this problem as well and you're not going to believe this, but its "working as designed".
    Blackberry article KB04265
    Overview
    When making a phone call with a handheld running software version 4.0 or later, the volume on the Bluetooth headset is lower than the volume with software version 3.8. The volume level in version 3.8 was set higher than intended. The volume level in version 4.0 or later is by design.
    01-07-09 08:35 AM
    I have no problems with my bt audio on my plantronics headset. Push volume up during the call the volume goes up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:28 AM
    Easy to fix, once you are in a call with your stereo or other device click on the speaker button on your phone to switch to internal speakerphone mode then adjust the volume to the level you want then click on the bluetooth and it will retain the same volume. I think the phone knows it is using a speakerphone in the car and the same volume controls work for both. Hope this helps took me a long time to figure it out.
    06-11-09 07:21 PM
    It seems that my new curve alows me to change the volume to 100%, but it is still low. Where are the individual controls for volume?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD