Hi all,

I'm a noob to blackberrys and just switched from a Moto Q to the 8830WE for Verizon. I'm a quick learner and have been reading up on them and this site has been awesome!

I have a few problems though.

Problem #1:

I downloaded USA today from mobile.blackberry.com. When i click on the app. it begins to load only to "time out" from the server. When I click on the app. the screen is black with the Verizon wireless logo displayed along with the normal loading bar at the bottom. Basically it will not load. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several time to no avail. This also happens with the NY Times app. My browser works fine. The "support javascript" option is unchecked in the browser config. and the emulation mode is Blackberry and does allow me to swith between several options. When I click on the application however, the settings remain the same except, it will not allow me to switch emulation modes.
    Basically the applications simply time out.
    I went to the verizon store and was there for over an hour and neither them nor verizon tech support could fix the issue. They just told me to use the regular browser to access the sites. They loaded the same app on their in store model of the 8830 and it worked perfectly so its not a model incompatability issue. On their model, there was no "verizon" logo as it was the typical blackberry logo with a white screen and the emulation mode was able to be switched. we made sure the browser settings were exactally the same and it still did not work.
    Any suggestions?

Problem #2:

I subscribed to the accuweather push service and the weather has not updated in nearly 3 days. I then proceeded to unsubscribe and it got rid of one of the two icons and I cannot get rid of the other one. My questions are: How do I get rid of the second icon? Is it normal for the weather to not update frequently? Do you think the 2 problems are interrelated?

I am running v4.2.2.176 (platform 3.0.0.79)
    Applications include: AOL Instant Messenger, vlingo, WeatherBug (free 30day trial), Beyond 411 Search, WorldMate Live, BofA, facebook (deleted just now), Opera Mini (installed just now), CrackBerry.com (installed just now), Handango InHand (installed just now).

My current File Free: 10661148 Bytes
    My current File Total: 47841280 Bytes

Thanks in advance.
    03-06-09 06:54 PM
    I think its safe to say your should update to a newer firmware. That for the most part fixes a lot of problems.
    03-06-09 08:22 PM
    As in v4.5? Or something else? And if it's something else could you steer me in the right direction? Sorry, like I said I'm a bit of a noob.

I think its safe to say your should update to a newer firmware. That for the most part fixes a lot of problems.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:29 PM
    Your first stop should be the Verizon website's blackberry section as it should already specifically cater to to your phone's latest firmware. If not simply go to Blackberry's website and visit their Downloads section and choose your phone and carrier!

Good Luck
    03-08-09 09:21 PM
    just ran the firmware update from Verizon's website and the applications still do the same thing.

Anyone have any further suggestions?
    03-08-09 11:22 PM
    If your phone would not load apps at the VZW store, you should have tried to get them to switch you out for a new phone or wipe your phone completely and reload the OS. next step would be to try an OS upgrade to 127 or 135.
    03-09-09 09:54 AM
    As in v4.5? Or something else? And if it's something else could you steer me in the right direction? Sorry, like I said I'm a bit of a noob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    just ran the firmware update from Verizon's website and the applications still do the same thing.

Anyone have any further suggestions?
    PM or IM me if you need help upgrading your OS to 4.5.0.127. You will find your BB will work alot better.
    03-09-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD