I work for a company that does not allowBB to access their exchange server for security reasons, therfore I am forced to sell my BB 8830we. This is the only phone I can say in recent years that I have no complaints about. I am considering selling it on eBay and don't even know where to begin a pricing point. I scanned this site and no-one is selling the 8830, which could mean many things. I hope it means that demand will be high and I can recover my investment for the most part. Any advice will be benificial!
    Last edited by berry_nutty; 04-22-08 at 09:06 PM. Reason: wrong info
    04-22-08 09:04 PM
    I would try selling it here in the marketplace forum first. You might get a more reasonable amount of money for it.
    04-22-08 09:14 PM
    Yes, you can post your 8830 on here! Just please if you are going to sell it make sure you follow the Market Place Rules. Also let me know how much you want to sell it for. If the price is right I may take it off your hands for ya!
    04-22-08 09:39 PM
    Do they allow outlook web access?

If so you don't have to tell them you're using it!

Just give BIS your credentials (username and password) and you're set.

Even then, why sell it? What are they recommending you use? Even w out email, bb is still the best phone out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 10:54 PM
    I bought mine new in the box and never opened for US Cellular on EBay for $330. Some guy said he won it at his local US Cellular store in a drawing but had no use for it.

Since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade from US Cellular, I thought it was a fair price.
    04-24-08 12:41 AM

Even then, why sell it? What are they recommending you use? Even w out email, bb is still the best phone out there.

Thanks for the input, and yes, I have been using the web access to get me email for about a year now. I made the mistake and replied to a division IT request with my BB and in the Signature "sent via blackberry". Busted. I got an email within 5 minutes. Self inflicted gun shot, none the less, I have to make the switch. **** Unless you can help me with a way that I can have a copy of my company emails forwarded to my personal account??????? Is that possible?
    04-24-08 08:17 AM

That helps, thanks! I was thinking between $350 and $400. The 8830 I have is acutally only 2 weeks old. They had to replace mine when it crashed uploading an update.
    04-24-08 08:20 AM
    Thanks for the input, and yes, I have been using the web access to get me email for about a year now. I made the mistake and replied to a division IT request with my BB and in the Signature "sent via blackberry". Busted. I got an email within 5 minutes. Self inflicted gun shot, none the less, I have to make the switch. **** Unless you can help me with a way that I can have a copy of my company emails forwarded to my personal account??????? Is that possible?
    LOL, nice. Well, you can forward email from Exchange to an external account, but unfortunatly, that's something the Exchange admins will have to make happen. It's not something you can do. Another option would be to simply change your BB signature to match your work one via the BIS website from your carrier. The only way after that they could notice you're using your BB for email would be if they see the constant connection to their server from the RIM domain (BIS servers). However, do you think that would cause you to get fired? It may not be worth it.
    04-24-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD