Greetings!
    I am an Alltel indirect rep, and I currently have a PPC6800. I'm seriously considering a switch to our 8830 due to the inconsistency of the OS. I have a couple questions for those who've used the device more than me.
    1) Regarding the web browser: I've read that the default browser just sucks... Is there a way to mimic IE on it, or do I have to download opera mini? As adolescent as this may sound, I'd still like to view myspace.
    2) regarding unlocked GPS:
    will the default bbmaps provide turn-by-turn directions, or will google maps?
    3) regarding MS Office doc's:
    I understand the device will view attachments (excel,pdf,etc), but I will need to save to device/re-open Excel files and possibly powerpoint. Is there something better than eoffice?
    Any help in this matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    01-12-08 11:04 PM
    1, yes, your browser will emulate IE.

2, no, neither of those will turn by turn directions. TeleNav will do that.

3, BeamBerry is great. You can't edit on the BB, but you didn't mentioned that need.

Good luck.
    01-12-08 11:11 PM
    thanks!
    I don't need to edit any MS Doc's on the device (it's a PITA). Does Telenav do a decent job? I'm looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and avoid buying another portable nav unit.
    So the default browser will emulate IE... awesome. I have read that myspace.com (NON-mobile) isn't exactly consistent in the BB browser. Is this a device issue or typical user error?
    Sorry for all the questions; I love my PPC6800 as it is an extremely powerful device, but the damned lockups, burned pixels, and a keyboard to big to type with one hand are starting to annoy me.
    Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD