On what are you basing your opinion that RIM has approved OS4.5 for the 8830? It's not available from their website, nor has it been released by any carrier to my knowledge. What am I missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, Jeff. You responded to the comment better than I could. Until it's released by Verizon for the 8830, I consider it a "beta"---maybe that's not the right word---and I'd rather not download it. I'm afraid of the potential for bricking my 8830 and not being able to get a brand new 8830 (I think I'd get a refurb, which might be perfectly okay, but I'm just not a big risk taker when it comes to my BB).

Other than Docs to Go, I'm very happy with my 8830 and OS 4.2. It's stable, and I know how to use it and tweak it so it's set up perfectly for me. I have no real complaints.

Again, thank you Jeff.
    11-26-08 06:10 PM
    I like my 8830WE instead of Curve as curve feel cheap
    11-30-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks, Jeff. You responded to the comment better than I could. Until it's released by Verizon for the 8830, I consider it a "beta"---maybe that's not the right word---and I'd rather not download it. I'm afraid of the potential for bricking my 8830 and not being able to get a brand new 8830 (I think I'd get a refurb, which might be perfectly okay, but I'm just not a big risk taker when it comes to my BB).

Other than Docs to Go, I'm very happy with my 8830 and OS 4.2. It's stable, and I know how to use it and tweak it so it's set up perfectly for me. I have no real complaints.

Again, thank you Jeff.
    As I feel the same about my 8820, thank for putting it so eloquently as to why you'll wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 05:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD