I recently had an episode where in the process of deleting an application, my Blackberry 8830 got reset. My IT staff was able to get everything going again, but the sync only works from the date of the fix onwards. My personal folders and Inbox in my Blackberry are empty before Feb. 8. Yet, all of those e-mails are in my Outlook. How do I get all the older e-mails on to my Blackberry?

The IT staff says they can't do it because the backup from my Blackberry does not have this data. Sounds like something very simple though.

Advice? Thanks in advance.
    02-19-09 09:06 AM
    I know you can do this with Contacts, and i know you can export mail folders the same way but I'm not sure if you can import the mail folders into the bb... I would try doing an ASCII Export from your Desktop Manager of your mail and open the .csv file to check the format. Then do an export from Outlook of your old mail folders and open that file... see if you can cut and past the old into the new and not change any field headers. Would be interested to see if it works.
    02-20-09 07:52 AM
    I recently had an episode where in the process of deleting an application, my Blackberry 8830 got reset. My IT staff was able to get everything going again, but the sync only works from the date of the fix onwards. My personal folders and Inbox in my Blackberry are empty before Feb. 8. Yet, all of those e-mails are in my Outlook. How do I get all the older e-mails on to my Blackberry?

The IT staff says they can't do it because the backup from my Blackberry does not have this data. Sounds like something very simple though.

Advice? Thanks in advance.
    you could also resend the emails to yourself.
    02-20-09 08:26 AM
    The way that the BB is set up is to show you new e-mail on the go. It doesn't sync e-mail with Outlook (it gets the e-mail off of the server itself).

About the only way to get old e-mails on there is to forward them to your BB.
    02-20-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD