am i dreaming here or does this phone not allow pictures messages. dont tell me i bought a 200 dollar bb that doesnt allow pictures messages on verizon that makes me go to their site to see them, if so can you do it on the bb browser or opera mini browser btw.
    04-23-08 03:00 AM
    You're not dreaming. The 8830 does make you go to the website to view picture messages w vzw. Not sure about other carriers. Unless you have them emailed to you. You can use the bb browser or opera to view the pixplace website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 03:09 AM
    Wow thats fantastic. With curve, at least my friend on ATT, he doesnt have to go to the site. Any word on the curve on verizon not having to go to the site. And please can someone explain to me why this doesnt work.
    04-23-08 03:38 AM
    It's a Verizon thing. Since the 8830 has no camera, they don't think you should be able to veiw them when sent as MMS.

The best way with this BB model is to receive picture attachments is as an email or BB messenger.

If you are not aware, the email for your phone is the number + vtext (xxxxxxxvtext)
    04-23-08 05:22 AM
    Yeap they decided to disable that on the 8830. The pearl 8130 gets them no problem and I am assuming the curve 8330 won't have that issue either once its released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 05:50 AM
    The 8830 itself is capable of sending and receiving MMS messages. The carrier has taken off the service book that allows you to send/receive them, which is why you have to go out to a web page to view.

I keep thinking about calling up USCC and see if they could activate MMS for my phone (after all, they have it active for the Pearl). I just don't receive many MMS messages.
    04-23-08 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD