I know this thread isn't news to most of the people who have an 8830, but if you are thinking about getting this phone but are on the fence, go to your store and get it. First of all, the newer Red model is really sharp, and the keys and the trackball look amazing lit up. The emails are forwarded pretty quickly... I downloaded Opera, and this is a must have folks. I can pretty much see any site I need with it. And I downloaded one of the bphone icon themes, so it's nice having all the icons on the main page (and obviously, the display looks pretty sweet).

Thanks to all who answered my questions leading up to it, and I'm really glad to be down with CrackBerry!
    02-16-08 09:29 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!
    02-16-08 10:45 PM
    There is no going back now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 10:47 PM
    Welcome to the CB!!!!!!!
    Also. That's a very helpful post to people on the fence, it was posts like this that helped me leave my Treos(had about 15) to come to the BB. SoGlad I did.

02-16-08 10:47 PM
    Welcome!!:d
    02-16-08 10:49 PM
    man i want one so bad but need to wait for the curve lol
    02-16-08 10:55 PM
    This phone Rocks!
    Dude I know, I just got a red one too! Welcome!
    02-16-08 11:25 PM
    Welcome to CB
    02-17-08 05:26 AM
    I love this phone too. I'm glad I gave up palm treos

02-17-08 08:13 AM
    I have the red 8830 & I dig it, dig it, dig it. It's a nice change from the corporate black & silver. I wasn't able to get Opera to work. I guess I will try again. Oh, did I mention I really dig it.
    02-17-08 08:30 AM
    Welcome to the addiction.
    02-17-08 11:26 AM
    Welcome and congrats...
    02-17-08 12:09 PM
    I originally had the silver 8830 from Verizon, but swapped it for the red one. The red one is so much better when reading the keypad in the dark. The silver one has black lettering with a blue backlight, terrible for reading in a dark area, almost blurry. The red one, has white lettering with white backlight, so much crisper and clearer. I suspect the black 8830's are just as clear, but Verizon doesn't offer that one, and the black replacement shell and keyboard runs about $100 total. And the red is a great deep crimson red with a hint of metalic.
    What I don't understand is... Why no Blackberry colored BlackBerry? I suppose this would just be black, but maybe a hint of deep purple.
    02-17-08 12:17 PM
    There is no going back now...

What Up NaviWillians

Go And Add The Above Line To The BlackBerry Slogans Thread. I Like It
    02-17-08 01:05 PM
    What I don't understand is... Why no Blackberry colored BlackBerry? I suppose this would just be black, but maybe a hint of deep purple.
    Seriously, do you think the majority of the population would like to sport a deep purple phone? Maybe if I was a chick or pimp...LOL.
    02-18-08 09:00 AM
    redberry -

i appreciate your enthusiasm and welcome to the forums!
    02-18-08 09:21 AM
    Had silver one for a week, traded for red. My old eyes can see red/white much better. I'm liking it a lot, only thing I'm available at work 24/7 now, Dang! My trackball froze tonight, kept working it and it finally freed up
    02-18-08 07:42 PM
    I just got mine. I was on the fence between the 8830 and the Q. Well, guess what I got. I am pretty happy with it so far, just trying to learn this new phone. There is a little bit of a learning curve for first timers, but it is going very well so far.
    02-19-08 01:49 AM
    weelllcome..
    i too just got a bb. i'm in loove.
    seriously going from a lame old sidekick to this is just like. wow.
    02-19-08 01:54 AM
    Hey!! and welcome to CB!
    02-19-08 09:45 AM
    I gotta agree with everybody that loves their Red 8830. I orderd mine of Verizons website the day after they were released online. It was cool not seeing anybody with a red one. An associate of mine bought a Silver one 2 weeks before I got mine. When she saw my Red 8830, she immediatly wanted to exchange hers. I had mine so early that in-store Verizon sales people were shocked, and asked me were a got when I went in the store with it the day after I got it.
    03-02-08 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD