I am on a BES at work, and I had my home email setup on the sprint BIS. But this week the second mailbox on my screen disappeared. I still receive my personal email into the main mailbox, but I can find no way to send email using the personal account.

When I open a message that is from my personal email, at the top it says "received using: Unknown". Yesterday I logged in to the Sprint BIS site and had it resend my service books to my phone. I got the confirmation message on my phone, but the mailbox never reappeared.

Can anyone help?
    01-11-09 01:15 PM
    Did you make sure you don't have the icon hidden?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:16 PM
    I should have mentioned I checked that. And I just double checked. I only have 2 icons hidden and they are not related. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-11-09 01:26 PM
    I should have mentioned I checked that. And I just double checked. I only have 2 icons hidden and they are not related. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Your company doesn't have a policy to block other email services on their BES servers do they?
    01-11-09 01:42 PM
    That would be new to me. I am playing around in service books and I see these two relavent entires:

(check mark here) [email protected] [CICAL]
    (circle with strike) [email protected] [CMIME]

When I view the latter entry (CIMIME) it says "Record Type: Disallowed" the CICAL entry says active.

What does this mean?
    01-11-09 01:54 PM
    That would be new to me. I am playing around in service books and I see these two relavent entires:

(check mark here) [email protected] [CICAL]
    (circle with strike) [email protected] [CMIME]

When I view the latter entry (CIMIME) it says "Record Type: Disallowed" the CICAL entry says active.

What does this mean?
    Have you tried to register your host routing tables?
    01-11-09 02:09 PM
    Have you tried to register your host routing tables?
    I have not. I am not familiar with the steps to do this, can you provide a link or instructions?
    01-11-09 02:11 PM
    I have not. I am not familiar with the steps to do this, can you provide a link or instructions?
    Options>advanced options>Host routing tables>menu button>register now
    01-11-09 02:13 PM
    Options>advanced options>Host routing tables>menu button>register now
    No luck there either. Still missing the mailbox.
    01-11-09 04:19 PM
    At this point I would recommend checking with your BES administrator to see if they pushed a new policy recently. With that one service book stating that it is disallowed it sound like there is something going on with the BES policies.
    01-11-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD