CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy password enable/disable LOCKED on 8830

The enable/disable selection is locked on my newly purchased 8830. I am unable to select "disable" on the password general settings. A small red lock appears to the left of the highlighted enabled selection.

This requires me to use my password every 30 minutes to unlock my device...

Any thoughts?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've never had this problem and I have the same carrier and phone! Sorry either blackberry or verizon support
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    PIN
    cushion

I'm going to assume you're either on a a company BES, who has enforced the the password via the BES IT Policy, or you bought the device used (and it was on a BES prior to your purchasing it...and had an IT Policy).

If it's on your company's BES server, you're stuck. Attempting to remove the policy could get you canned.

But, if you bought the device used, and it is not connected to your company's BES server, you could follow these steps to remove the policy:

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
    BES Admin somewhere in West Michigan
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Smile BES may be the answer....

The device is supplied by my company. Initially, I was able to disable the password requirement. Once, I activated the device - it became a locked feature...

This is most likely the case that my company has indeed placed a lock on the feature etc.

I thank you very much!
    CrackBerry Newbie

[QUOTE=juwaack68;72082]I'm going to assume you're either on a a company BES, who has enforced the the password via the BES IT Policy, or you bought the device used (and it was on a BES prior to your purchasing it...and had an IT Policy).

If it's on your company's BES server, you're stuck. Attempting to remove the policy could get you canned.

But, if you bought the device used, and it is not connected to your company's BES server, you could follow these steps to remove the policy:

when going on tha website...where do i download that link? i've tried and doesnt work...doesnt solve my issue : *
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts

The instructions are pretty straight forward, what link is it that your trying to download....the policy.bin file?...cause when i tested the link for the file download it worked fine.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Newbie

the download link to the Policy.bin is not found i received that error when trying to download the file. anyone have a new link for it?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts

why not just use crackutil to remove it... i find it to be the fastest way
    ~PRIDE!~
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    ~PRIDE!~
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32c6f64b

Go to Options/ Media Card and change Encryption Mode to None. Then you should be able to enable/disable the password.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by safeone View Post
    The enable/disable selection is locked on my newly purchased 8830. I am unable to select "disable" on the password general settings. A small red lock appears to the left of the highlighted enabled selection.

This requires me to use my password every 30 minutes to unlock my device...

Any thoughts?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Works the same for the blackberry storm as well. Instead of being under Media Card it is under the Memory options. Thanks for this info. Quick and simple. I would definalty do this before you go erasing things.

Quote Originally Posted by frapo View Post
    Go to Options/ Media Card and change Encryption Mode to None. Then you should be able to enable/disable the password.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

new here,
    just used crackutil on my rogers locked i.t. password
    worked great thanks
    CrackBerry User

check the application "UnlockIt" on App World
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just used the crack util on my 8830 and it worked perfectly.Thank you very much.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Crackutil and the 8830

Yikes!! I did a backup, closed desktop manager, then ran crackutil – removed IT policy (and everyting else). After the reboot, I reopened desktop manager & ran the latest restore data. After THIS reboot, when I click on “security settings/general”, the little red lock next to the command is gone! Pressing the menu button now gets me the desired choice of enable/disable and Lo! And behold, the PASSWORD IS GONE!!! Who says there isn’t a Santa Clause?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Blu Scn

every time i connect my 8830 to my computer to use jl_cmdr i get a blue screen, no damage to pc juct have to reboot, trying to remove IT policy.
    CrackBerry Newbie

anybody knows how to run crackutil to get rid of the red lock so i can disable the password on a blackberry 8830 hope some one will tell me how to do it thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

You can download CrackUtil from the bottom of the first post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ackutil-85617/. Note that you have to download it to and run it from a PC. It does not run as a stand alone app on your BlackBerry. The instructions for removing the IT Policy are in the first post, and in the excellent help file that comes with the program. CrackUtil is no longer supported by the developer, and will not work on new OSes and devices, but it should work with an 8830 OS. I have not tried it with Windows 7. It almost certainly won't work with Windows 8.

You would probably be better off looking at BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife, available from here: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. BBSAK is a currently supported app that is more likely to work with current versions of Windows.