Yes I did a search.

I sync from Outlook to the BB, no problem.

Appointments in calendar on the BB do not sync with Outlook.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
    12-03-07 08:27 PM
    How are you syncing? Is it OTA or via the desktop manager and USB cable?
    12-04-07 08:09 AM
    I am syncing via usb.

I found a fix for this on the blackberry.com site. There are several pages of sequential instructions to fix this problem. There is a problem with missing CICAL service books.

The instructions indicate that the fix was done with the .176 upgrade but I have the problem with the upgrade installed.

I will go through the procedures later this morning and see if anything changes.

The instructions start with document Unable to perform a wired synchronization of Calendar entries created on the BlackBerry smartphone

Peace
    12-04-07 10:52 AM
    I am syncing via usb.

I found a fix for this on the blackberry.com site. There are several pages of sequential instructions to fix this problem. There is a problem with missing CICAL service books.

The instructions indicate that the fix was done with the .176 upgrade but I have the problem with the upgrade installed.

I will go through the procedures later this morning and see if anything changes.

The instructions start with document Unable to perform a wired synchronization of Calendar entries created on the BlackBerry smartphone

Peace
    good luck fixing the problem, but I am curious why you wouldn't be using wireless synch?
    12-04-07 11:04 AM
    If I understand correctly, the wireless connection is via BT and I don't have BT on my laptop.
    12-04-07 12:00 PM
    If I understand correctly, the wireless connection is via BT and I don't have BT on my laptop.
    No, wireless synchronization is over the air to the handheld.
    12-04-07 12:13 PM
    I'm sorry I do not know how to do that.
    Can you point me to some online instructions?
    12-04-07 01:46 PM
    Are you using BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) or do you have a corporate BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server)?
    12-04-07 02:11 PM
    on a similar note, is it possible to view invitee status for a calendar entry on the BB? ... how can I tell if someone has confirmed/declined/countered?
    12-04-07 03:21 PM
    on a similar note, is it possible to view invitee status for a calendar entry on the BB? ... how can I tell if someone has confirmed/declined/countered?
    You should see this if you open the calendar item. Scroll down a bit and you should see the invitees and whether they accepted or not.
    12-04-07 03:51 PM
    Are you using BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) or do you have a corporate BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server)?

I have BIS
    12-04-07 05:07 PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure if it works the same way with BIS. I'll shut up now and let someone more intelligent reply
    12-05-07 08:56 AM
    You should see this if you open the calendar item. Scroll down a bit and you should see the invitees and whether they accepted or not.
    on all meetings it just says 'invited' and names the invitees. no indication of status, even when people have declined/accepted the invitation. hmmm.
    12-05-07 08:33 PM
    on all meetings it just says 'invited' and names the invitees. no indication of status, even when people have declined/accepted the invitation. hmmm.
    Are you on a BES server? If so, do you know what version? Wireless synch turned on for calendar items? Are the invitees on the same BES server?
    12-06-07 11:04 AM
    Well WE (Verizon then RIM) solved the syncro problem with the BB to Outlook.

You must have your sync settings set to have the data going both ways and you MUST have the time and date alignment setting checked.

I can now set appts on either the laptop or BB and when I sync they upload to each other without a problem. (Unless I have made conflicting appts)

Peace
    12-06-07 09:17 PM
    Well WE (Verizon then RIM) solved the syncro problem with the BB to Outlook.

You must have your sync settings set to have the data going both ways and you MUST have the time and date alignment setting checked.

I can now set appts on either the laptop or BB and when I sync they upload to each other without a problem. (Unless I have made conflicting appts)

Peace
    I have a similar problem. Appointments on my BB pearl 8130 do not sync to outlook 2007. Outlook syncs to the pearl just fine. I have the sync settings set to sync in both directions and the time feature is checked. Any help would be appreciated.
    12-22-07 01:59 AM
    I sync over USB and use redirector on my laptop to get email (I guess this is what people mean by BIS??) Calendar entries from outlook do not show invitees at all. I really miss seeing who called the meeting and who is invited. I tried modifying intellisync on the desktop manager with field mapping and it seems I have to choose between putting Invitees in th enotes filed or putting notes in the notes field. I really need both.

Any suggestions?
    06-08-08 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD