I purchased my BB8830 from Verizon Wireless about 3 months ago and haved loved everything about it. I've been lurking around crackberry for some time reading the forums getting some good insight and advice. All of which I greatly appreciate.

I did a number of searches both in the forums and in google and I was unable to find an answer, so I decided to stop lurking and maybe contribute a little to the community. Thus, I created an account... and here I am.

I have both internet emails for my personal accounts (gmail) and I have BB redirector on my office computer for my work account (outlook).

Everything works and jives the way it should with the exception of calendar events. It seems if I forward a calendar event from outlook to one of my gmail accounts, which in turn my BB receives, I am able to add it to the calendar very easily. That's to say, my BB recognizes it as a calendar event and wants to add it to my BB calendar.

However, when I receive a calendar event via my work account using outlook and the desktop redirector, the BB does not recognize it as a calendar event. My assumption is it doesn't recognize the message format and assumes it to be a normal email instead of a calendar event.

I have "empower" installed, and any attempt to "add appointment" gives me a few details with the wrong date and wrong time. It actually defaults to current date and time when it can't figure it out on it's own. Again, any calendar event messages sent to my gmail accounts are recognized and easily added the calendar on the correct day at the correct time.

Has anyone seen this before? Come across a solution? Have any advice on how to solve the problem?

I'm a technical guy by nature and profession, but drawing a blank mostly from my inexperience with BB technology. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David
    02-01-08 02:46 PM
    I have the same technical situation and am experiencing the same glitch that you have discribed. I will be attempting some contact with IT group today and watching your thread for follow-up.
    03-25-08 11:58 AM
    Any updates on this issue? All my users are having the same problem as well.

I did a test and setup my personal pop3 email account on my crackberry and I setup an Outlook Rule to forward all calendar events to it. Low and behold I can accept the Meeting Invite that way with no problems. This is NOT the way this should work though. Short of creating everyone in my company google accounts so we can get accept events I'm at a loss!

Any light that ANYONE could shed on this would earn a spot on my xmas card list! :-D

Thanks!

Nemo
    04-30-08 08:39 AM
    I haven't found any solution for this since posting my original question. I still struggle with the problem every day. Blasted technology!

David
    04-30-08 01:30 PM
    Have you tried to sync with outlook to see what happens. I do admit, that I use my desktop outlook in normal business hours. I sync when I start of a morning and before I leave in the evening. If I am on the road, just add as I go. I will try and figure out if I can recreate this same problem.
    04-30-08 03:12 PM
    I haven't found any solution for this since posting my original question. I still struggle with the problem every day. Blasted technology!

David
    Anyone try using the Blackberry Wireless Sync servic instead of MS Outlook (or whatever email application your company utilizes) service for calendar? I reset the option on the Desktop Manager and it worked like a charm! I can now accept/decline meeting invites and have bi-directional syncing for my calendar events.

WOOOOHOOOO!

Nemo!
    05-29-08 02:02 PM
    More of a work around than a solution.

I installed Google Sync on my desktop where my Outlook is located. I then created a Google Calendar (free). The Google sync software automatically sync's my desktop with my online Google calendar. I then installed Google Sync onto my BB. Now my BB sync's with my Google Calendar and my Outlook sync's with my Google Calendar as well. Everything works great.

[BB]<--->[GOOGLE CALENDAR]<--->[OUTLOOK]

The best part is I shared my Google Calendar with my wife. She now knows what meetings I have on what days and can get and idea if I am going to be home late and plan accordingly. Also if she needs to add something to my Google calendar (like doctor appointments, stuff for the kids, etc.) she can just add it and it sync's to my BB and to my work Outlook. That's cool stuff!

David
    07-05-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD