I did exactly this using a "semi-automated" method to download the files...

Using the GNU Wget command line utility (GNU Wget), one can download all of the URLs using one simple command:
    • wget -i {filename}

where filename is the text file containing all of the 4.5.0.133 .cod files. I backed up the /CDMA and /Java subdirectories (as well as data and 3rd-party apps) from my 4.5.0.127 installation (Bell Mobility download), and then I replaced the two subdirectories with the files that I downloaded.
    Yup. I'm running cygwin on my xp box and my first thoughts were to use wget - piece of cake.

sR
    02-23-09 01:44 PM
    hee hee, I cheated, I just copied and pasted that text file into my download manager.... should be done in about 10 mins or so..

So this is a real release for the CDMA 8830? I mean its not like the hybrid from the 8330? I ran that for a few days, but had NO internet connection with it. voice and messages, but if I tried to use Slacker, Opera, or the browser it couldnt connect..
    02-23-09 11:23 PM
    crap, I tried to load it and it gave me an error stating I was missing net.rim.blackberry.crypto2 and net.rim.blackberry.crypto3

Any thoughts?
    02-23-09 11:45 PM
    didn't work for me... maybe cause I'm on BES
    02-24-09 09:05 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD