I just purchased the 8830 WE with the OS 4.2 (4.2.2). However the BB did not come with a Desktop Manager disk. I would assume their is a newer version/OS for this phone? I have Desktop Manager right now for another Blackberry that I have. Is their any way I can update the software on the 8830 with my current Desktop Manager or does it only recognize one phone? Thanks for your help!
    06-29-10 09:02 AM
    I just purchased the 8830 WE with the OS 4.2 (4.2.2). However the BB did not come with a Desktop Manager disk. I would assume their is a newer version/OS for this phone? I have Desktop Manager right now for another Blackberry that I have. Is their any way I can update the software on the 8830 with my current Desktop Manager or does it only recognize one phone? Thanks for your help!
    You should be able to, unless when you installed dm you checked the box that said use only with this phone. If this is the case you can just delete dm and reload it.
    06-29-10 09:28 AM
    The newest OS for the 8830 appears to be 4.5.1.186. It's stickied in a thread at the top of this forum. The thread includes installation instructions.
    06-30-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD