Anyone have them anywhere?

I'm looking for Verizon's 4.2.2.66 / 3.0.0.45 -- Not sure the package number. This is the last version that I found that actually has good sound quality on the speaker for the ringtones. The newest ruins it and I don't know where to find this.... Let me know and sorry if it was covered already, I searched.

And this is not a debate that this version of software is the fix for the sound problems... from personal experience, I have had 3 different devices with that version on them and they all had significantly better sound than the newest version. So please don't make this an argument, it's just a search for some software.
    09-20-07 07:13 AM
    I have the .66 version on my home computer send me an email and I'll shoot it to you this evening.
    09-20-07 07:36 AM
    That would be awesome, thanks. Email sent.

I called Verizon asking them to send it to me and their response was "when Blackberry comes out with an new version, we send the old one back and only distribute the new one. Call Blackberry for it."

So I called Blackberry.

Their response "We only have a generic version which won't work for your phone. We create it and send it to the vendors and they added their own software to make it work for your phone".

My response "I know they put their own vendor settings in there, I pull them off before I put the version on my phone. Your 'generic' version will work just fine, can you please send it to me?"

Blackberry "I'll see what I can do. Please hold. [10 minutes later] Ok, I can help you out but I need to have permission from Verizon to provide this to you."

Me "Ok, well can you hold while I call verizon and conference them in on the phone?"

Blackberry "I think I'll get through quicker. Hold on while I call them"
    [10 minutes pass]

Verizon: "Thank you for calling Verizon wireless, can I have your name?"
    Me: "John Doe [I actually gave them my real name]"
    Verizon: "What can we do for you?"
    Me: "I have blackberry on the line with us and here's my problem [I explain what's going on and what I needed]. So Ahib (blackberry guy), all you need is permission, correct? Ahib? Hello?"

Ahib hung up. So, I have the verizon guy (Dave, who was a really nice guy) call blackberry on conference.

"Thank you for calling Blackberry, how can I help you"

Me: "Hi, I have Dave from Verizon on the phone with me. [I explain my problem again]"

Dave: "Hi sir, our partner code is ******. I just want to say that I spoke to my manager and it is OK to give him the software to fix his device"

Blackberry: "I'm sorry sir but we can't give this software to you. This has information specific to your company. Our version is the base version that isn't compatible with his phone"

Me: "That is ridiculous, the vendor adds the vendor.xml file in the program directory and that's it. I delete that before I even put the software on my phone. The version you have is fine. I can't believe this. You are the only company I've ever seen that isn't willing to provide previously released versions of their software incase the newer one caused problems with the device. Do you not offer a way to roll back a device that your software screwed up? What if there was a catastrophe in my company because of it?"

Blackberry: "Sir, I hardly feel that you not having a loud ringer can be considered a catastrophe"

Me: "Oh yea??? How about the fact that I was one room away from my phone, not 20 feet, and I couldn't hear it. The phone call I was getting was to tell me that there is water leaking into the server room. Now, because I didn't get the call because I couldn't hear it, we have 4 servers down. But you're right, at least our purchasing server is still running. Who needs our binwork and citrix servers. I think the cost comparison to 4 servers is about the same as you sending me an old version of your software. I have to go. Thank you Dave. And blackberry guy, you're worthless."

I got a little mad throughout this because I think it's completely unacceptable to keep old versions from the consumer.

[end vent]
    09-20-07 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD