How many peeps here have installed this that are VZW customers? Like it? I've got one of the real early releases of 4.5. Worth it to change it??
    03-17-09 12:46 PM
    OK - HELP!

I downloaded the OS to my PC, deleted the vendor file.

Everything was going fine and then it said "fatal error" there is nothing on my phone, and when I went to restore desktop manager did not recognize the device.

Please, someone help me.
    03-17-09 01:45 PM
    How many peeps here have installed this that are VZW customers? Like it? I've got one of the real early releases of 4.5. Worth it to change it??
    The early versions were betas and sucked big time. Surprised you're still running an older version. I had .101 and deleted within 3 days. There is an official update out now through RIM/Sprint. Runs great. I would def get it. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9KryQwNHqL-A**
    03-17-09 02:56 PM
    OK - HELP!

I downloaded the OS to my PC, deleted the vendor file.

Everything was going fine and then it said "fatal error" there is nothing on my phone, and when I went to restore desktop manager did not recognize the device.

Please, someone help me.
    You most likely bricked your phone. Go here to recover: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    03-17-09 02:58 PM
    I installed the latest 8330 OS and I notice that the biggest difference is that I now can't delete e-mails from my 3rd party mailbox and my device, but just my device. For example: I have my AOL account set up for push e-mail with my 8330. With previous OS's I had the option of deleting e-mails from my device and my mailbox or just from my device. Now I can only delete from my device and not my mailbox. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. If not, can someone please tell me how to uninstall this OS and send me a link to the OS before this Sprint release. Thanks in advance!
    03-17-09 03:25 PM
    I installed the latest 8330 OS and I notice that the biggest difference is that I now can't delete e-mails from my 3rd party mailbox and my device, but just my device. For example: I have my AOL account set up for push e-mail with my 8330. With previous OS's I had the option of deleting e-mails from my device and my mailbox or just from my device. Now I can only delete from my device and not my mailbox. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. If not, can someone please tell me how to uninstall this OS and send me a link to the OS before this Sprint release. Thanks in advance!
    You need to go into email reconciliation settings and change "Delete On:" from "Handheld" to "Prompt"
    03-17-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks so much casa! You just saved me soooooo much aggrivation and turmoil. Thanks a lot!
    03-17-09 04:06 PM
    Problem fixed.

Used JL commander and wiped device.

Installed 4.5.0.135 and all is good.
    Glad I did a backup!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 04:46 AM
    Holy Crap. Tried to upgrade to 4.5, and a "fatal error" occured. Now, all my 8830 WE will do is there is a double blinking read light, but the phone won't come on and my computer won't recognized it. HELP!!
    03-24-09 12:29 AM
    I think there should be a sticky thread on how to recover from a toasted BB. It might involved JL-commander.

Hopefully, someone with detailed info will appear.
    03-24-09 08:23 AM
    Have any Verizon subscribers had success installing this new OS using a Mac running OS 10.5? Is there a version of Desktop Manager for this version of the Mac OS? I use PocketMac to sync m 8830 with my Mac but I have not yet had to install/update the OS on my 8830 so I'm totally new tho thsi entire process ..
    04-07-09 09:53 PM
    I just got my 8830 yesterday. At the moment, I am so loving the phone. It's taken me a while to figure out a lot, but I am one smart cookie...*G*

Ok, with that being said, pretend I am ********.

Pretend really hard.

I downloaded D2G 1.006. I have the DM 4.5. I installed it on my phone. I go to open anything (excel, word....etc) and I get this error message.

Error starting SheetToGo: Class 'javax.microedition.context. RequestionListener' not found

I am a techie, but I have no clue what this is. I have uninstalled and reinstalled D2G.

I had this program on my Treo 755p. I really do need it and for it to sync with my BB.

BTW...still lost on how to do that, too.

Help....please? My brain hurts.

Thanks.
    04-08-09 04:01 PM
    I finally got it to work. OMG...what a pain. I lied to it and got an updated version of the 4.5 OS. I was confused and thought I had it. I was wrong.

I went to another thread and read some more. Went to the DataViz site. That helped a lot. My phone seems to be working great now. I have Verizon, just so you know

Thanks again. This is a great forum.

Gotta feel the love.

Amanda
    04-09-09 10:16 PM
338 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD