What do you all think? Will this work on US-Based CDMA Sprint phone. Seems to me this build would only affect the OS and not the radio. Here's the link from BlackBerry.
    01-22-09 07:53 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the 8830 in the drop down list. There's an 8800 and an 8820, but no 8830.
    01-22-09 08:57 AM
    Lion is correct, 8830 is not listed.
    01-22-09 10:35 AM
    You know what, last night as I was loading 4.5.0.101 on my new 8830, the laptop suddenly shut off (forgot to plug in). It ended up getting bricked, but luckily the "un-bricking" instructions here on CB worked like a charm.

Anyway, after I bricked the phone and was freaking out, I decided to go to the sprint branded rim.com page to re-download sprint os 4.2 and try to start from there.

On the sprint branded rim page, I noticed a page for os 4.5, so I checked it out and it turns out there was sw avail for the 8830 in the drop down list. There are 4 sections to the page, one section lists the new features, another section lists compatability - which you have to click 8800 series to your right and after doing so you see the 8830 listed.

I downloaded it, but by that time my phone was de-bricked, and I had already finished installing .101.

I haven't heard any mention of this previously on the boards, but then again I haven't been on here much recently. Anyone else see this page, and actually installed the sw ? I'm assuming its old news, but it did leave me pretty curious!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:17 AM
    found the page. not sure what it is - i'm betting it's old too, but there is no build number associated with the update there. sticking w/ .77 for now.
    01-22-09 12:18 PM
    This OS from Indosat is only for GSM devices
    01-22-09 12:26 PM
    You know what, last night as I was loading 4.5.0.101 on my new 8830, the laptop suddenly shut off (forgot to plug in). It ended up getting bricked, but luckily the "un-bricking" instructions here on CB worked like a charm.

Anyway, after I bricked the phone and was freaking out, I decided to go to the sprint branded rim.com page to re-download sprint os 4.2 and try to start from there.

On the sprint branded rim page, I noticed a page for os 4.5, so I checked it out and it turns out there was sw avail for the 8830 in the drop down list. There are 4 sections to the page, one section lists the new features, another section lists compatability - which you have to click 8800 series to your right and after doing so you see the 8830 listed.

I downloaded it, but by that time my phone was de-bricked, and I had already finished installing .101.

I haven't heard any mention of this previously on the boards, but then again I haven't been on here much recently. Anyone else see this page, and actually installed the sw ? I'm assuming its old news, but it did leave me pretty curious!!

You got a link for that magical page?
    01-22-09 04:59 PM
    Look around ... Its out there on one of RIMS pages. I am pretty sure it was in the left navagational column, after selecting sprint as my carrier, and 8830 as my model device. But could be wrong. Someone else here found it...just look around.

01-22-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD