Hello all-
    I recently updated my Verizon 8830 with the newest software version. For some odd reason, if i try to hold down the "1" key to access my vm messages, it gives me the error msg of "invalid phone number". But if i use the menu key to access it, it goes through completely fine. This is not a a crippling issue for me, i would just like to know if anyone else had this issue and if there are any fixes for it. Thanks
    09-26-07 12:01 AM
    I encountered the same thing. So what I did was add my Voice Mail to my Contacts and added the speed dial to the W (1).Kinda rinky dink but it gets the job done. LOL.
    09-26-07 12:20 AM
    Actually, that's pretty much how Verizon does it too. And the VM number is *86. BTW, if you are syncing with a PC on a regular basis the VM contact should be on your PC and it will get transferred back to your BB the next time you sync.
    09-26-07 08:27 AM
    If you have previously backed-up your blackberry with the desktop manager software, you can restore the Voice Mail button #1 Speed Dial by restoring.

You can use the advanced restore option, and just restore the 'quick contacts' section.

That will restore your speed dials and the original voicemail setting for speed dial #1.
    09-29-07 02:45 PM
    same problem with tmobile..any ideas
    11-05-07 03:43 PM
    that happened to me too, i called verizon and they re-sent some service books which took care of it.
    11-05-07 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD