I support over 250 users on 8830s and 8330s. We use DTM 5.0.1 and I have this one problem that seems unsolvable. BB8830 running device OS4.2 doesn't have wireless upgrade options, so we installed DTM 5.0.1, and the latest Sprint Device OS 4.5.175 onto the users computer. We plugged in device, launched DTM. Ran application loader, updates No Updates available. Tried ad remove programs, delete all programs is greyed out. Ensured user was part of workstation admin group, still greyed out. How do we get the computer/laptop to know that it has an upgrade for the OS? I have also experieinced this on another system and it really appears it is something in the BB not the laptop/DTM settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-21-09 12:45 PM
    I would quit DM, connect 8830 w/usb...make sure the OS is in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files folder...then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run the Loader.exe.
    12-21-09 06:45 PM
    I support over 250 users on 8830s and 8330s. We use DTM 5.0.1 and I have this one problem that seems unsolvable. BB8830 running device OS4.2 doesn't have wireless upgrade options, so we installed DTM 5.0.1, and the latest Sprint Device OS 4.5.175 onto the users computer. We plugged in device, launched DTM. Ran application loader, updates No Updates available. Tried ad remove programs, delete all programs is greyed out. Ensured user was part of workstation admin group, still greyed out. How do we get the computer/laptop to know that it has an upgrade for the OS? I have also experieinced this on another system and it really appears it is something in the BB not the laptop/DTM settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Here's a good question...are their devices Sprint devices or Verizon? If they are Verizon did you delete the vendor.xml file?...Otherwise Verizon just released .175
    12-22-09 11:15 PM
    If this is for Sprint, Just make sure that you have downloaded the correct version based on your device (MEID or ESN). For sprint, two different links are given, one for MEID based device and another for ESN based device. I also suffered the same problem. Hope this should help you.

Regards

Tarun
    12-23-09 03:25 AM
    Here's a good question...are their devices Sprint devices or Verizon? If they are Verizon did you delete the vendor.xml file?...Otherwise Verizon just released .175
    If you delete the vendor.xlm file you will not have to go back and forth between the 2 providers OS's. One install will do the trick at that point.
    12-25-09 08:51 PM
    Also, if the OS's carrier/vendor doesn't match the match the phone carrier/vendor (i.e., it's not a release from your own carrier), make sure you disconnect your computer's internet access before attempting the upgrade process. I usually reconnect to the web once it starts the update so I can browse while I'm waiting.
    12-26-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD