HELP! I have just recently discovered my Gmail account hasn't been forwarding my message to my 8830. I called Verizon and they walked me through the process to enable POP. I did this, they gave me a new gmail account, but for some reason I still do not receive m messages at gmail. They also discovered that all of my 8830 cannot connect with PIN-to-PIN messages. I have spent the last few days talking with verizon trying to correct this issue, but they still don't know what's wrong with my phone. Damn ignorant verizon is pissing me off! does anybody out there have a solution for this issue I am having? Thank you in advance!
    08-20-07 11:46 AM
    I have no idea about why you are having a problem, but I would update it to the latest software version and try it then. My friend was having an issue with his calendar notifications and the software update resolved it.
    08-20-07 12:30 PM
    I updated my software 2 weeks ago. I've had this problem ever since verizon offered the POS in May. I want to return it, or get my money back. I'll just stick to land-line phones.
    08-20-07 01:01 PM
    Your first step should've been to ask for a different phone and not spend time trying to resolve or tweak a brand new one when you can get a brand new one within 30 days. Swap your phone for a new set.
    08-21-07 03:23 PM
    you swap yours for a new one. Next time, eduardjm, you post something in the forums make sure it's a productive and positive comment. Not a childish, selfish, self-centered comment where you have to rip on others b/c verizon sucks. get a clue you're not helpful, and probably not anything good in the real world.
    08-22-07 08:50 AM
    You may have misunderstood my last comment; If you can return your phone to get another set from the carrier, it's not worth putting in the time to try to troubleshoot something that probably wont crop up with a different phone.

I am a VZW customer. And I actually did swap my phone for a new one -- 1 day after buying it. It had a problem, so I returned it. Why spend time messing with the phone when you can get a new one? If you have insurance, you can probably claim hardware failure. If you're stuck with the phone otherwise, you can always try an OS reload.
    08-22-07 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD