For the past couple of weeks I have barely been able to access the web browser, emails have been delayed, and other aps havent been working well on my VZW 8830WE....it feels like another outage. I have done the *228 crap, reset the phone, turned it on and off a thousand times and i'm getting really frustrated - i thought id post here quick before I wasted my time calling VZW.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have any ideas/suggestions?
    03-03-08 07:40 AM
    I have VZW and mine seems to work fine.

I would say call VZW.
    03-03-08 08:30 AM
    Have you tried updating you service books. I had this problem when I first got mine, reupdated the service books, and all is great now.
    03-03-08 08:37 AM
    If all else fails call VZW - they can see if there are outages etc. in your area and reset the data for you.
    03-03-08 09:23 AM
    I have not had data prob last few wkd but I have no data today at all. SMS works but that's about it. Vzw 8830 in Los Angeles CA.

Rick

For the past couple of weeks I have barely been able to access the web browser, emails have been delayed, and other aps havent been working well on my VZW 8830WE....it feels like another outage. I have done the *228 crap, reset the phone, turned it on and off a thousand times and i'm getting really frustrated - i thought id post here quick before I wasted my time calling VZW.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have any ideas/suggestions?
    03-03-08 09:41 AM
    I've noticed the same thing. I am in the metro Atlanta area. Sometimes a battery pull fixes the problem for a short while and then things slow again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 10:01 AM
    I haven't noticed any consistent data problems and I've been receiving e-mails all day (NJ area). However, I was having the data problem you describe after the first data outage a couple of weeks ago. I did the *228 thing and eventually did a battery pull. That seems to have corrected the problem on my phone, although I do notice that the phone sometimes shows 1X coverage instead of 1XEV when I'm home---I'm not sure if that's "normal."
    03-03-08 03:46 PM
    All of you have to put the Berry in the same shoe as a computer. If and when we do have slow data problems, the network is very busy. So many people are getting Berries now and unless Rim does something about it to definately increase bandwidth with all the users we have now or get in the future, its a strong possibility that we can crash all of the time. Just my opinion, but I don't think that I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 03:52 PM
    update: well after heading to the vzw store twice and having them check out the phone and doing 2 hard resets, everything has officially come to a standstill. i called vzw last night and they are sending me out a new 8830.

The lady on the phone was really nice and helpful. She said she RARELY gets calls about blackberries. She said that its the phone and not the service....but something is definately wrong because I havent been getting emails, ims, texts, no data for the web browser etc.
    03-09-08 09:48 AM
    so i got my new 8830 from vzw and the colors on the screen are completely messed up - the screen doesnt have as vibrant colors and whenever i open a menu or whatever, the colors will bleed behind the words......so i called vzw and tried to get them to help me wipe clean my phone and reload the operating software but it didnt fix it. i'm getting so fed up with vzw's crap.
    03-15-08 11:55 AM
    i cannot believe i am writing this, it is perhaps one for the record books. yesterday service went out on my 8830. i was out in the country visiting a friend and thought i was just outside the coverae area - no biggy. as i'm driving home im noticing im not picking up anymore service so im' turning on and off my phone. by time i reach home, i realize that it is simply not going to pick up service so i call verizon. i'm getting the standard no service/searching for cdma, the little triangle roaming icon, and 1 bar at the most. we were trouble shooting over the phone and everytime we did the *228 activation thing, it would get the Alltell activation. Eventually i went to bed, and they said to call back tomorrow (today) if i still couldnt get service. I call back today after getting no service (after i had for a brief period after my phone call and i had gone to a friends).....so they are shipping me now my 3rd 8830WE. I'm speechless. I went through 3 motorola q's and now i'm going on my third blackberry - to me it seems to be a service issue (see my first post why i had the first replacement sent) but at the same time I'm wondering if its the phone. If I have any issues this third time around I'm ditching VZW i think and i'm gonna head to ATT and get an iphone....but i really wanna stay with my blackberry and i'm really surprised that this is happening.
    03-17-08 11:16 AM
    I think it's just you, but I have heard that some people in NC have issues with Verizon. You might want to keep your PRL info updated from month to month.
    03-17-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD