I got this 8830 WE off an ebay store and its in excellent condition cosmetic and all. But when I got it it had no browser icon. I would have to open the application menu, hit the menu button again, go to "switch application" and open my browser that way because of the missing icon. I updated the phone with the latest OS .160 and now its saying i have no service book configurations. I called Alltel and they sent the service books over and over and still it gives me the error when I open the browser and still no icon. Now when I try to update it on the desktop manager it has all the apps highlighted and checked except the browser and email app are lighter but still checked. I'm so confused I just want my damn web to work again can anyone help?
    07-29-09 03:43 PM
    Ok and another thing when I go into my service status screen it says i'm not connected to the Blackberry Internet service or the Blackberry Enterprise. Someone here's gotta know whats goin on can yuh please point me in the right direction?
    07-29-09 10:29 PM
    Refresh your HRT: Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now.
    07-29-09 10:31 PM
    I got this 8830 WE off an ebay store and its in excellent condition cosmetic and all. But when I got it it had no browser icon. I would have to open the application menu, hit the menu button again, go to "switch application" and open my browser that way because of the missing icon. I updated the phone with the latest OS .160 and now its saying i have no service book configurations. I called Alltel and they sent the service books over and over and still it gives me the error when I open the browser and still no icon. Now when I try to update it on the desktop manager it has all the apps highlighted and checked except the browser and email app are lighter but still checked. I'm so confused I just want my damn web to work again can anyone help?
    Have you tried to restoring the phone back to factory settings (wipe handheld) then restore your data/resend books?

Also, you might be able to re-install using the BB CD...
    07-29-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD