Just finshed my Upgrade from 4.5.0.138 to 4.5.0.160 on my Verizon 8830. I Renewed my HRT. It seemed to go very smooth, and I had done a back-up of my phone - so I did a full restore. I seem to be missing several system apps, i.e. BB messenger, Notes, Tasks, BrickBreaker, and Password keeper to name a few. Any idea what went wrong? Should I download fresh and re-do the upgrade?

** Update ** I did check to see if they were hidden, and they were not. They just seem to not be there.
    Last edited by delphis96; 08-18-09 at 08:09 AM. Reason: forgot some info.
    08-18-09 08:08 AM
    Just finshed my Upgrade from 4.5.0.138 to 4.5.0.160 on my Verizon 8830. I Renewed my HRT. It seemed to go very smooth, and I had done a back-up of my phone - so I did a full restore. I seem to be missing several system apps, i.e. BB messenger, Notes, Tasks, BrickBreaker, and Password keeper to name a few. Any idea what went wrong? Should I download fresh and re-do the upgrade?

Do you see them in your DeskTop Manager ?
    08-18-09 08:22 AM
    Do you see them in your DeskTop Manager ?
    Yes, and I used CrackMem this time. I'm thinking I will just brick it and start over again tonight with a fresh download of the OS... not sure what else to do.
    08-18-09 08:48 AM
    They are checked in Desktop Manager, so that they appear to be installed but are not? That is very strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 09:44 AM
    They are checked in Desktop Manager, so that they appear to be installed but are not? That is very strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very strange, indeed. I bricked my phone, then downloaded the os again, then decided to download the hybrid 160/131, and installed that.

Everything is back up and running at the moment... more than 4mb of extra memory, and stable so far...

THANKS EVERYONE.
    08-18-09 06:58 PM
    I got my Bell 8830 updated to 4.5.0.160 from 4.5.0.127 using the "delete vendor.xml/loader.exe" method. I'll have to see how well this one works.

Well it looks like Bell doesn't like this O/S being on their network, I'll have to go back to .127
    I am able to get it up and running on Bell Mobility with 1XEV in caps, and my browser & email work working fine.

I did have 1 glitch though. I cannot set any themes, including the default Bell & RIM themes. After I upgrade to 4.5.0.160, I get the default monochrome theme, and under Options->Theme, the only theme I can select is "None". If I try to select any other theme, it just doesn't work (i.e. if i click any other theme, nothing happens at all, the only one that is activateable is the "None" theme).

I tried downgrading back down to 4.5.0.127, then did a Factory Reset with JL_Cmder, and tested the themes, it worked fine. Re-upgraded to .160, and I cannot select any themes.
    08-25-09 10:02 PM
    I did the same install...looks like everything is fine...except i can't get my custom ringtones to work for my contacts...i can use custom ringtones as a default but my phone doesn't recognize specific contacts and just reverts to the default...i see the custom ringtone in their profiles...but when they call it goes to default
    09-04-09 01:29 PM
    I love my unlocked AT&T 8820 on T-Mobile . My husband recently got a verizon 8830 from a friend. I'm still new to these things and have a few questions. Some of which might be stupid questions but I'm really a bit slow when it comes to these phone matters. please help if you can and thanks in advance for your good manners.
    1. Can I upgrade the os even though there is no service currently on the phone? If so HOW? I tried in the same manner that I upgraded my 8820 but it didnt work.
    2. Can this phone (verizon 8830) be unlocked to be used in the US?
    3. (this is embarrasing) he insists on continuing to use pageplus minute plans with this phone (says pageplus is branch of verizon) is that possible???
    09-07-09 11:06 AM
    1. I've never tried to upgrade the OS on a phone with no service, but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do it. What happened when you tried?

2. No, the 8830 cannot be unlocked to be used on TMo or any other North American GSM carrier. The GSM side of the 8830 uses European GSM frequencies, not North American GSM frequencies.

3. I'm not familiar with PagePlus, but their website shows they are a prepaid phone service provider that does not appear to have any BlackBerry plans. Based on that, I don't believe your husband will be able to use that plan with his 8830. A call to PagePlus would be the easiest, best way to confirm that.
    09-07-09 03:03 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to the loss of sound in either .160 or the .160/5.0 hybrid? In the middle of a couple trips now, I have lost all audio queues (all sounds actually) from my phone gps program. Wasn't too bad till I was trying to navigate around NYC.

I have restarted to get sound back, but that isn't always a quick or easy proposition while driving. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by delphis96; 09-08-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo - entered 106 instead of 160.
    09-08-09 09:09 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to the loss of sound in either .160 or the .160/5.0 hybrid? In the middle of a couple trips now, I have lost all audio queues (all sounds actually) from my phone gps program. Wasn't too bad till I was trying to navigate around NYC.

I have restarted to get sound back, but that isn't always a quick or easy proposition while driving. Any help would be appreciated.
    Not that I know of. I suspect it is browser related. When you get home, you could try making a hybird with the browser from 4.5.0.138 or 4.5.0.135. Not 100% sure on that though. I got fed up and started using 4.5.0.135.
    09-09-09 09:38 AM
    4.5.0.169 has been released. I have started a findings thread. I will load it tonight and start testing it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...ndings-311591/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...leased-310926/
    09-09-09 10:27 AM
212 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD