I have my very first BB and so far I am very happy with it except for a few quirky things. I have the mail synced with my Outlook account, not using BES, when I open the received email in Outlook, the corresponding email does not get marked as open on my BB. However, if I open the email on my BB, it is marked as open in my Outlook. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
    01-07-08 03:31 PM
    I use BES and this is the way it works. Opening on your 'Berry will result in an open status in Outlook but not the other way around.
    01-07-08 06:58 PM
    having a similar problem where I delete or archive messages on the laptop outlook but they do not delete/get removed from the berry outlook, any solutions?
    01-07-08 09:55 PM
    I use BES and this is the way it works. Opening on your 'Berry will result in an open status in Outlook but not the other way around.
    This isn't necessarily the way it works on BES. I'm on a BES and I can open in Outlook and it will soon show opened on the BB. It all depends on how your Outlook is setup and how your BES is setup.

To the OP: Can you tell us a little more about how your email is setup? Are you using Redirector? Do you use personal folders? Is it an Exchange account? POP account?
    01-07-08 10:05 PM
    Sorry,,,but what is a BES?
    01-08-08 06:58 AM
    This isn't necessarily the way it works on BES. I'm on a BES and I can open in Outlook and it will soon show opened on the BB. It all depends on how your Outlook is setup and how your BES is setup.

To the OP: Can you tell us a little more about how your email is setup? Are you using Redirector? Do you use personal folders? Is it an Exchange account? POP account?
    I am not using Redirector. When I launch Redirector, the title bar says Disabled - Blackberry Desktop Redirector. Status shows Verifying Forwarding address. It just sits there. I have 72 messages Pending to device.

I have setup two email accounts using the Email Setup. One is my Exchange account and the other is another POP account that I have. On both accounts, if I open the email in my email application, the corresponding email still shows as unread on my BB.
    01-08-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD