Ive got the Classic on my desktop but I have no clue how to get it on my BB.
    Can someone give me specific instructions?

Thanks.
    12-17-08 08:05 PM
    Email it to yourself.
    12-17-08 08:23 PM
    Email it to yourself.
    I did that-how do I get that to now become my ringtone?
    12-17-08 08:35 PM
    You can also turn on mass storage and just plug in your bb to a usb port and drag and drop it to your media card. then just select it as a ringtone.
    12-17-08 08:38 PM
    You need to go to Profiles > Scroll down to Advanced > Select the profile you want to edit > Hit the BB button > Scroll to Edit > Scroll to Phone > Select Phone > Browse > then select your ringtone. Remember to save it before exiting out.
    12-17-08 08:55 PM
    You need to go to Profiles > Scroll down to Advanced > Select the profile you want to edit > Hit the BB button > Scroll to Edit > Scroll to Phone > Select Phone > Browse > then select your ringtone. Remember to save it before exiting out.
    I lost you after "select profile to edit".
    I selected the profile "phone" and now you want me to hit the BB button.
    Whats the BB button?
    12-17-08 09:23 PM
    The button next to the scroll ball with the BB logo on it.
    12-17-08 10:04 PM
    The button next to the scroll ball with the BB logo on it.
    Ok-the BB button question was quite stupid

However, finding the ringtones was never my issue.
    My problem is getting the ringtone that I emailed to myself into that list.
    I always had a "Classic" ringtone that actually came with my BB.
    Is the Classic ringtone thats in the sticky section of this forum different from that? because the one I have is VERY low.

If I email myself a ringtone, is it automatically put into my ringtone list?
    12-17-08 10:52 PM
    Did you open the attachment from the e-mail.

Open email>menu button>scroll down to Open Attachment. Then I think you can save it from there.

Also I am assuming you have a media card.
    12-18-08 07:29 AM
    Read this thread regarding low ringer volume on the 88xx.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/sup...ume-huh-47795/
    12-18-08 08:33 AM
    Did you open the attachment from the e-mail.

Open email>menu button>scroll down to Open Attachment. Then I think you can save it from there.

Also I am assuming you have a media card.
    I opened it, I just dont know how to save it from the email or, move in to my "tone" list.
    The problem is that I have a "Classic" ringtone already but its ridiculously low.
    Alos, where is the media card found on the 8830; no clue if I have one or not.

Read that thread but figured it was only a temp fix.
    Any other suggestions?
    12-18-08 11:25 AM
    That is the fix. It works. I did it on my phone. Sure, I need to replay the video everytime I have to pull the battery, but it really works. I have almost all of my ringtones set on medium, since they are so loud now.
    12-18-08 12:28 PM
    If you don't know if you have a media card installed on your phone, most likely you don't. It goes in where you put the battery. If you never installed one, there probably isn't one there. You will want to get one to hold all of your extra tones, media, etc.
    12-18-08 12:29 PM
    If you don't know if you have a media card installed on your phone, most likely you don't. It goes in where you put the battery. If you never installed one, there probably isn't one there. You will want to get one to hold all of your extra tones, media, etc.
    Thanks for all your help Heavy Fluid.
    Im not the brightest of bulbs in the chandelier when it comes to these things...
    12-18-08 12:51 PM
    We all started out where you are right now. You have questions, and this forum has answers. Most of the questions have been asked already, since this phone has been out for some time now. The search function here on the forums works absolute wonders. I have used it numerous times, and almost every time, I find my answer.

Give that ringtone volume thing a chance, and see how it works out for you. I wish that there was something more permanent, but am very thankful that someone got this fix out and available to all of us.
    12-18-08 02:15 PM
    Thank you very much .
    12-18-08 06:40 PM
    You are welcome.
    12-18-08 07:27 PM
    We all started out where you are right now. You have questions, and this forum has answers. Most of the questions have been asked already, since this phone has been out for some time now. The search function here on the forums works absolute wonders. I have used it numerous times, and almost every time, I find my answer.

Give that ringtone volume thing a chance, and see how it works out for you. I wish that there was something more permanent, but am very thankful that someone got this fix out and available to all of us.
    Thanks for that.

I just emailed myself the video from the thread you provided and for some reason when I open up the email in my BB, it doesnt give me the "Open Attachment" option in my menu.

Tried sending it to myself three times...what am I missing?
    12-18-08 07:35 PM
    I think that you need to put that video on the memory card, not the actual phone itself. I think it says that in the thread.
    12-18-08 08:01 PM
    I think that you need to put that video on the memory card, not the actual phone itself. I think it says that in the thread.
    Ok-thnx.
    Recommendation on a memory card?
    12-18-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD