I currently have a curve on alltel, overall i'm pleased with the phone. but i've had it for about 8 months or so and well, i just kinda want a different blackberry to play around with The other consideration is that i'm going to be doing some traveling to abu dhabi and dubai so the world phone interests me.

my major question is what are the primary differences, i know there is no camera but what other pros and cons are there in comparison of a curve to an 8830. Also how does the world phone work, i called alltel and they where no help, the guy said my curve would probably work over there? Can i jsut get a sim card for the short time that i'm there or do i need to pay a monthly charge once i get teh world phoen to retain worldwide calling. i travel a ton (i'm in the navy) so it would be handy to have a working phone to use.

so tell me whatever you think i should know because i am quite phone illiterate. Also, i use my blackberry as a modem daily, (i'm actually using it to connect to the internet right now!) so the 8830 can do that to correct?

ohh

and any word when any new phones would be coming to alltel, i REALLY want a bold. not interested in the storm as i traded my iphone to go back to blackberry because i missed the qwerty so much!
    02-22-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD