Any news or rumors about a new WE coming?
    Im getting ready to purchase the WE, but will hold out if there is a new one coming soon?

JW
    09-03-08 02:05 AM
    I thought that the 88xx line was over. I have an 8830 and have heard no news on anything. Not even a new color and such. We are a dying breed.

Next up:
    Bold
    Javelin/Niagra
    Thunder/Storm

I think the Bold is supposed to replace the 8830 as far as a corpoate phone goes. I think they will offer the Bold without a camera to corporate clients. Not totally sure about that though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 02:19 AM
    Rumor is that Verizon's Thunder/Storm will be a WE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 04:14 AM
    I like the fact that I will be able to use the WE in Canada being that I do a lot of back and forth, with the Bold or Thunder have that same option.
    09-03-08 10:00 AM
    Thunder aka storm not due out for months. Something to do with keyboard app. Go ahead and get your 8830 WE or wait for the BOLD. Bold is with AT&T but you may get an unlocked one for what looks like maybe 750.00 to 1 grand. Thanks to bmcclure I updated my 8830 to 4.5.077 and it's working great. Make sure to download DM 4.6 and backup before trying to upgrade. That way you can restore contacts and ringtones.
    09-03-08 11:12 AM
    Ok thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind, but does the Thunder/Storm have GSM/GPRS? I see from the specs the Bold has it, so I thought maybe I can get the Bold to do what the WE can do and have a great phone at the same time.
    09-03-08 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD