I just got my 8830we yesterday and have a few problems/questions. i dumped my treo 700 for this and am pretty impressed so far...

First, i can't seem to bluetooth and songs from my macbook pro to my phone. I go into the music app, and use the receive using bluetooth option. Right after the transfer starts, an error message comes up that says " the file transfer failed: the connection failed." I do not have a memory card yet, but i still assume you can put a few songs on the internal memory.

Also, when you are done using the phone, is the only way to make it shut off by pressing the power button twice? with the treo you just pushed the end call button and it shut off.

is there any place to get good games for free or applications and desktop themes?

thanks all
    09-29-07 11:11 AM
    I also am a former Treo 700P Owner. Give that ive had my phone for over 1 week I can give u a big breakdown of pros and cons about the BB vs the Treo. I'll PM You my aim/yahoo/googletalk ID's Give me a IM and we'll chat about good operational good and bads.

-ncc1701p
    from Treocentral
    09-29-07 11:51 AM
    when you are done using the phone, is the only way to make it shut off by pressing the power button twice? with the treo you just pushed the end call button and it shut off.
    Press the mute button (opposite the power button on the top of the BB) hold it for a couple seconds and it will put your phone in "standby" mode, this locks the keyboard and all buttons, press it again and it wakes up, all calls, e-mails and texts / alerts come thought with it in standby model also.
    I came from a 700W and I am getting used to the BB, so better in so many ways... but still a learning curve and wishing I had some of my Treo features (camera.. easily accessible memory card slot and a biggie for me the Internet browser)
    09-29-07 12:22 PM
    pepperlive you need to enable your bluetooth option on you rBB first then you need to have it find your mac. All you have to do is tell your BB to find otehr blurtooth devices and it will set everything up for you. as far as turning it off you can use the two keys on the top or just let it turn its self off. you can also download a free application for your backlight time, all it does is allow you to govern how long you want your BB to wait till it goes to standby. you can download it from this site along with a lot of other cool stuff like pacman and diffrent wallpaper.
    09-30-07 02:26 AM
    I noticed you're on Verizon. A lot of the bluetooth stuff is disabled by Verizon. I'm not saying that what everybody is telling you to do won't work...just realize that if it doesn't, it may be your carrier. Frustrates the living crap out of me.
    09-30-07 09:39 AM
    I noticed you're on Verizon. A lot of the bluetooth stuff is disabled by Verizon. I'm not saying that what everybody is telling you to do won't work...just realize that if it doesn't, it may be your carrier. Frustrates the living crap out of me.
    Verizon Disables the GPS within it. But bluetooth is totally fine. I use to to link up to my Laptop and my Jabra JX10. Eventually I'll linkit up to a Bluetooth GPS Receiver. Id rather pay $100 vs verizon $5-10 MORE a month.
    09-30-07 11:50 AM
    Wow u have to pay a monthly fee to use the gps throug verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-07 08:01 AM
    i have the bluetooth set up, i can transfer pictures just fine, but the videos and songs wont transfer. any ideas?
    10-01-07 12:24 PM
    You might want to look at how much device memory you have...From my personal experience, I failed to put mp3's on my device memory (BlackBerry would tell me song it too long or something along those lines), but never got a problem putting them on a MicroSD card. I would just go out and buy a MicroSD card instead of fustrating yourself even more.
    10-02-07 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD