Does bb have a program that's like "near me"? This program lists out nearby businesses listed by catagory and based on your current location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:52 PM
    Google Maps has a search function that will do this, as does Google mobile. Type in what you are looking for and they'll pop up with red markers all around where you're looking. Scroll to markers and the info pops up, and you can call the number from screen. Just food for thought..:

03-01-09 03:40 PM
    Also, consider Live Search from Microsoft. I use it all the time. I have to enter a current location (as opposed to GPS location -- Verizon issue, I believe), but it remembers your previous locations so you don't have to re-enter them.
    03-01-09 03:56 PM
    Also, consider Live Search from Microsoft. I use it all the time. I have to enter a current location (as opposed to GPS location -- Verizon issue, I believe), but it remembers your previous locations so you don't have to re-enter them.
    Do you just visit the site ? or is there a program to download?
    03-01-09 04:41 PM
    there is a free google maps app you can download for free.
    03-01-09 06:56 PM
    And Google Mobile has a free app and Icon launcher.

03-01-09 07:00 PM
    - Google Maps. As stated by others.
    - Poynt. Works with BBMaps
    - Garmin's GPS also has this feature.
    - Tell Me will do local voice searches.

There are several options for local searches. I can't think of all the others off the top of my head.

03-01-09 07:02 PM
    BB maps also has this feature. The farther out you zoom the more it searches.

03-01-09 07:46 PM
    Excuse my ignorance. I'm new to the bb world and thought bb didn't have cool features like the iphone. NEVER again will I underestimate the BERRY!! I just open up my maps feature, locate where I am, and then type in key words in the search function and listings pop up. They even have numbers on some of them too. I love my BB
    03-02-09 05:48 PM
    Excuse my ignorance. I'm new to the bb world and thought bb didn't have cool features like the iphone. NEVER again will I underestimate the BERRY!! I just open up my maps feature, locate where I am, and then type in key words in the search function and listings pop up. They even have numbers on some of them too. I love my BB
    Welcome to the addiction...
    03-02-09 07:03 PM
    Microsoft has a program called tellme that puts live search right onto your blackberry, but I just got free sprint navigation, so that's my deal.

03-03-09 08:44 AM
    Poynt allows you to search businesses near you as well as look up movie information. OTA is m.mypoynt.com
    03-03-09 03:43 PM
    Tellme isn't too bad....

03-04-09 05:15 PM
    there is a free google maps app you can download for free.
    How much? Sorry I couldn't resist
    03-04-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD