hey guys i just bought my 8830 WE for Bell Mobility (CDMA)....and i was updating the software on the phone and i think my phone had died??

now all i see is a black screen with flashing red lights,

ive tried charging it for a bit and plugging it in but blackberry desktop wont recognize it, i attempted too restore it and when i clicked on (usb device) as that was all that was recognized, but the 'transfer in progress' bar doesn't move at all

i have no idea what to do, i just bought this phone, i have 0 money and im in the heart of mid-terms in university, i would be the most grateful person internet forums have ever seen if someone could please please help me to get my blackberry working!!

thanks, Arif
    02-22-10 03:13 PM
    if you just got the phone literally, i'd take it back to the store and make them fix it and/or give you another one
    02-22-10 05:58 PM
    if you just got the phone literally, i'd take it back to the store and make them fix it and/or give you another one
    ^_________this
    02-23-10 01:05 AM
    Or this:

How to Recover a Nuked BB

Or this:

Force Load an OS

Or this:

Last Chance Recovery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 01:29 PM
    just use Java Commander to wipe the bb, then start over with the update. make sure your bb is fully charged.

the white 504 screen is your friend.

download and reinstall the 4.5 os from your carrier
    remove the "vendor.xml" file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

either use apploader or DTM to reinstall.
    02-25-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD