OK. Finally decided to try a BB 8830 after having to reset a my Touch for the last time. Got one on Ebay as I'm not due for an upgrade on Sprint. Looks in good condition but something wierd happens. certain keys will enter data for that key and another key. Example press 5 and 56 shows up, or enter 2 and 23 shows up. At first thought it was a predictive text thing but it's only on certain keys. Have done a hard reset twice and no change. Any thoughts before I contact seller and demand money back?
    03-20-08 08:23 PM
    Sounds like a bit of a hardware issue. Could have gotten wet or just been dropped. Check the water indicator inside the battery compartment and see if its pink or not. If nothing seems to work I would definitely return the phone.
    03-20-08 08:27 PM
    Sounds like a bit of a hardware issue. Could have gotten wet or just been dropped. Check the water indicator inside the battery compartment and see if its pink or not. If nothing seems to work I would definitely return the phone.
    OK took battery out. On end with PIN connectors there is a small white box with a red line through it. Is this what your talking about and does it mean it got wet? If so this is going back ASAP!
    03-20-08 08:43 PM
    I would return it if I were you, and try another. Unless you are willing to partially take a part the device to make sure the Qwerty board is lined up correctly ... this could be the start of bigger issues ... you really do not know the exact history of things on ebay.
    03-20-08 11:07 PM
    No doubt. Best to just send it back at this point. Kind of a drag for sure, but I've had my fair share of bum phones from eBay as well so I know what its like. Better to get one that works from the get go then one you have to fix.
    03-20-08 11:08 PM
    That thing definatly got wet. While you're at it, also inform ebay the seller is selling damaged goods.
    03-21-08 09:13 AM
    Thanks guys. I've already contacted Paypal to get money back. I paid with credit card so should be easy to reverse charges. There isanother little square in compartment that is pink/red as well. So it got wet. I've been playing around with it so I still love BB. May hold out until curve is released. Just really tired of this HTC touch.
    03-21-08 10:30 AM
    Shhee, send me your Touch, I bet I can work it up nice and neat. I'm actually waiting for the Verizon Touch to come out to see about getting it. Only thing I'll miss from the BB is the battery life.... honest.
    03-21-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD