Hi all,

Im a 8830 BB user. Had my phone for a few years. Recently the data / charging port died. Luckily I had the extended warranty (thru verizon) so they gave me a new phone.

I've noticed Quite a bit of subtle differences between my old OS and the new one (most are good like the GPS nav working finally!)

But the one issue I am having thats bad is that the phone seems to **constantly** be in data send recieve mode. The little red up and down arrows that show up in the upper r corner of the screen. This causes to issues for me. My brand new battery wont last an entire day, and also since the phone seems to be so busy doing the send recieve I get an the dreaded tumbling hour glass everytime I try to switch apps etc.

Has anyone seen this or does anyone have a clue as to any setting that could be causing this? I am running OS V4.5.0.138. Any help would be appreciated!
    12-08-09 03:38 PM
    Anyone... Anyone... Beuhler?... Beuhler?

Could someone at least tell me if there is a setting for how often the phone checks for new mail? Maybe that settings default is different that it was on my old phone... Like its checking every 30 secs or so? I've dug around a bit but can't find it yet.....
    12-08-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD