How can you make world edition device that doesn't come equipped w/ a camera!?!?

It seems like a "no-brainer"! Lmao!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 11:23 AM
    The BB 8830 is design for the Business traveler, underline word "Business". There are many Businesses that restrict the use and possession of a Camera on their Facility, which would require you to leave your phone at the front desk with security.
    Bear in mind that BlackBerry was design with the Business Exec. in mind, and the emphasis is placed on security, to which the BB boast of having the most secure and stable system on the market which no other company can lay claim of such security.
    There is a reason why BB is carried around by just about every Government Agency in the World, and the Government of India is still yet to Crack the BB security system yet.
    07-13-08 11:40 AM
    Ya know, that's a great point... I never even thought about it that way.

Makes total sense!

07-13-08 12:16 PM
    And I always wondered why the 8830 didnt have a camera. Makes perfect sense.
    07-13-08 12:41 PM
    How can you make world edition device that doesn't come equipped w/ a camera!?!?

It seems like a "no-brainer"! Lmao!!!

That is what the Blackberry Bold will be for.
    07-13-08 03:14 PM
    Every carrier has at least 1 BB that does not have a camera for those who are not allowed to have one on their phone. A good example are people who work in courthouses.

07-13-08 03:19 PM
    Yea, I work in construction and we are not allowed to have camera's on-site, that's why I chose the 8830. It's definately a device for the business first consumer.

07-13-08 03:26 PM
    I bought the 8830 BECAUSE it doesn't have a camera. I have a Canon DSLR for taking photos.
    07-13-08 06:09 PM
    I have a 8830 first because in September Sprint offered that or the 8700, I upgraded from 8700 so WE it is. I thought I was getting the 8830 curve, I learned after buying batteries on Ebay that there are 2 different divces with the 8830 number (now that is dumb) and they are like Lions and Tigers, both cats but very different animals.
    I can honestly say I don't miss a camera, I also have no use for the "world" features, **** I don't even have a passport. All in all I'm happier with my 8830 WE then I was with my veru slow nextel 8700. I am looking at the bold like the rest of the BB world, but I'm a year away from my next upgrade so I won't be jumping at first dibbs when it does come out.

07-13-08 06:53 PM
    I bought the 8830 BECAUSE it doesn't have a camera. I have a Canon DSLR for taking photos.

so you carry that DSLR in your pocket, ready to snap a quick photo at any time?? you must have huge pockets!

I think most of us have fairly nice cameras that aren't convenient to carry at all times.
    07-13-08 08:02 PM
    I have a 8830 first because in September Sprint offered that or the 8700, I upgraded from 8700 so WE it is. I thought I was getting the 8830 curve, I learned after buying batteries on Ebay that there are 2 different divces with the 8830 number (now that is dumb) and they are like Lions and Tigers, both cats but very different animals.
    I can honestly say I don't miss a camera, I also have no use for the "world" features, **** I don't even have a passport. All in all I'm happier with my 8830 WE then I was with my veru slow nextel 8700. I am looking at the bold like the rest of the BB world, but I'm a year away from my next upgrade so I won't be jumping at first dibbs when it does come out.
    FYI
    WE = 8830, an 8800 based CDMA phone
    Curve = 8330, an 8300 based CDMA phone
    07-14-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD